It has begun. I have decided to take away Jacob's pacifier. He's only been using it at nap time and bedtime since he was about a year old. I've been thinking for awhile now about really getting rid of it. I've been hesitant since I don't know how it will go. He really loves going for naps because that's when he'd get the pacifier. Bedtime was a hit and miss thing anyway, so tonight should be interesting.
I took the pacifier away at nap time today. He blew me kisses (his sign for wanting the pacifier) before I put him down. I told him we aren't having pacifiers anymore. He jumped around, played in his bed, threw everything out of the bed, for about a half an hour before finally falling asleep. He was asleep for about half an hour before waking back up. Then he cried on and off for about 40 minutes before I got him out of bed. So that was nap time on day one - not so good.
I just barely put him to bed and so far he's just in there crying. I may hate myself in the morning for doing this (as I'm sure I'll be sleep-deprived tomorrow), but we'll have to see.
Wish me luck that I make it through this week!
7.15.2008
De-Pacification Process
Posted by Rebecca at 7:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
Oh i wish i had the energy to take the fits right now that wold come with taking away the binky. Good Luck to you!!! I hear it only takes about a week.
I seem to always hate giving up the binky more than my kids do. Give him a few more days and he will get used to the change. Hang in there!!
Post a Comment