Last week we were able to make the drive back to see our family for a few days. Brad had a job interview, which went well, and gave us the opportunity to spend a few days with our families! We had lots of fun. We got to spend an evening with Brad's parents and siblings. Two of the nephews were dressed up in old Halloween costumes. Here's Noah as a pilot and David as spider man (with a cape and pilot's jacket). We loved the intensity of these two!
Jacob also enjoyed learning to play the piano with Grandma Smith's help. I love that if you look closely, you can tell that these two are smiling at each other and enjoying each other's company.
We tried going out for dinner with Jacob. I've decided that kids this age just aren't worth trying to take to dinner. Jacob just wanted to get up out of the high chair the whole time. Next time, I'm getting a babysitter! But I did get a cute picture of him with my parents at the restaurant.
We love that we'll be moving closer to our families in about a year and a half. Being back there always reminds us of how much fun we have together and how much we love and miss being close to them. Luckily we'll be getting our way and will be neighbors again soon!
Here's a shout out also to my two sisters-in-law who are expecting. Congratulations Angie (first baby) and Becky (first girl!)! Can't wait to see their two cute little faces...and you both look great pregnant!
And last, but not least, here's a picture of Jacob, me, Ashley, and Jennifer (sister-in-law). Ashley is Jacob's closest in age cousin on Brad's side of the family. I thought this was cute because if you look closely, the kids are holding hands! Love it.
Miss each and every one of you and we can't wait to live closer to you!
6 Comments:
Looks like you had a fun time. Congratulations on the job! We might still be here or we could be in Houston.
I am so glad that you guys get to move home. I hope that we move this fall. I'll have to call you and chat about it.
BTW- I love your hair with the wispy bang thing going on.
I haven't had a chance to get on your blog - your Jacob is adorable! Yeah for moving closer to family, we finally came to the decision that that was what we wanted to do too and we're excited about it.
I'm glad the interview went well and you get to move back home next year, YEAH!! Looks like you guys had a fun time with your family.
OK, so I set up a reader a few months ago to tell me when there were new posts and for some reason i must have set your site up wrong. I was wondering why I hadn't seen an update in a while and lo and behold there were tons I missed. Anyway, good to get caught up and great to see some pictures of your folks!
Post a Comment