3.17.2008

Cool Dad

Growing up, was there the "cool dad" on your block? I'm not so sure there was on mine, but there were definitely those families I thought were so cool to be with. The parents played with the kids, or had the best snacks, or let us stay up late when we had a sleep over. I think on our block, we definitely have a "cool dad" winner. Who is it, you ask?

The one and only...


Who else would it be? Jacob loves to be outside and Brad is so great at playing with him out there. All of the neighborhood kids just love Brad (and Jacob). I don't think many of the kids on our street have a dad, which may be why the flock to Brad so much.

Tonight as I was sitting inside getting ready for FHE, I heard a lot of commotion outside. Brad had just come running into the house to get a ball and when I looked out the front door...this is what I saw -




I think at one time I counted about 9 kids on my front lawn. I'm pretty sure Brad was in his element. I'm not sure who enjoys it more, Brad or the kids. Here's to you Brad...Cool Dad on the Street Award!

4 Comments:

jes said...

does brad hire out? henry could use some entertainment. :)

lindy said...

HI Rebecca and Brad! This is your cousin Lindy on The Jones Side. It was so fun to see your blog! We just started one lindydavis.blogspot.com. Jacob is CUTE! It was fun to see your posts of The Jones' Becky and Angie prego. Keep in touch!

Carley said...

Congrats Brad! That is so awesome that he plays with other kids. It is sad that alot of kids don't have both parents now days. Jacob will be proud to have the coolest dad on the block when he gets a little older. Way to go Brad!

Amy and Cameron said...

We agree, he is one cool dude!