3.19.2008

6 Things Tag

Tag - someone actually wants to know more about me. Here are 6 things about me you may not know:

1. When I was growing up I liked to talk A LOT. So much so that my sisters didn't want to play with me. At one point, we were living on my grandparents' farm and since my sisters wouldn't play with me, I went to the barn and sang/talked to the calves. At one point, one of them even licked my finger. Sad, huh, that my sisters wouldn't play with me so I had to play with the cows!

2. I have a knack for remembering dates (mainly birthdays) or just random numbers. Sometimes it's a bit annoying to have these things in my brain taking up space and I can't seem to 'forget' them. I remember old friends' birthdays, people I haven't seen in years. I remember my friends' kid's birthdays. Why you ask? I have no idea, it does me no good, but I remember anyway. Sometimes I try to forget dates, like when a meeting is taking place that I don't want to go to, but it seems the harder I try to forget the date, the more I remember it. What I'm not good at though is history dates. I can't tell you when a single war was started or stopped, and I'm sure my history teachers repeated those dates several times.

3. I would like to have a reading pit in my 'dream home' some day. We had one in one of the libraries at one of the elementary schools I went to and I loved it. It had about 3 steps down to the middle of the pit and I loved to go and read there. That, or I want a bay window so I can sit there while the sun pours in and read.

4. I never got my Young Women in Excellence award. I only had probably 10 hours or less of my Laurel project to finish, and it just didn't happen. I wish I would have, or I wish my leaders would have pushed me more to get it, but I didn't. I have the Beehive and Miamaid necklaces, but not the Laurel. Oh well, I don't like wearing gold anyway.

5. I have dreams of having my own business some day. Some of the things I would like to do is have a photography studio, own a book store, or run my own temp service company. Probably none of that will ever happen because I don't have the drive to make it happen. But they're still dreams that I have.

6. I have taken ice skating lessons. The thing is, I did it as a 20-something while Brad was in podiatry school. I even learned how to do a toe-loop. It's only a single, but hey, it's still a jump! Also, I'm actually pretty proud that I can skate backwards like the pro's.

Did you learn something new about me? I'm tagging Becky S., Megan B., and Jamie B.

4 Comments:

Max Fam said...

quiz - what is owen's birthday? :)

and wow, our own kristi yamaguchi.

Rebecca said...

July 11, 2007...sad huh, same as Ian Harrison's.

Stephens said...

Wow- I do that same thing with numbers. I remember birthdays of childhood friends and their phone numbers, but I can't remember more important things!! I wish I could clear my mind of those numbers and make room for stuff I actually need to know!

Desaray said...

Bec, that was fun. I did learn something new about you...never knew you wanted to own our own business. And I'm sorry you had to play with the cows. :)