2.17.2008

Valentine Snow

Valentine's day...did you do anything fun? We got some snow on Tuesday, but it was too cold to actually go and play in it. Thursday, Valentine's Day, actually warmed up enough for Brad and Jacob to spend some "guy" time together building a snowman. They played outside while I cooked Brad a Valentine's dinner. Jacob was bundled so well, he could hardly move and I don't think he enjoyed building the snowman as much as Brad did. These are the steps Brad and Jacob took while building the snowman:

Step 1: Roll the first ball.













Step 2: Place one snowball on top of the another.













Step 3: Pose with your dad for the camera with your completed snowman! (Do you like the nose and ears the snowman has?!)

















Step 4: Attack the snowman with a left-over stick! This was Jacob's favorite part and was probably the only time he actually moved his arms.
















It was so nice to make dinner without Jacob under my feet! And I think Brad really enjoyed teaching Jacob how to build a snowman, even if Jacob was hardly able to move under all of that padding.

Last weekend, Jacob's grandparents had all of the grandkids over for a little Valentine's Day party. Since Jacob couldn't make it, they all made a Valentine for him and the package came in the mail on Friday. Thanks Grandma & Grandpa Jones (and all the cousins/aunts/uncles) for the awesome Valentines! We're glad we were able to participate, even though it was via snail mail...maybe we'll make it for some future Valentine's party :)


Jacob's Valentine's Day loot!

5 Comments:

Brady and Kariann said...

I love the snowman!

Eric, Janae, Kallie, Sadie said...

I know what you mean with the whole cooking dinner without worrying about your child, it's the best. I love the snowman, I'm surprised how big it is, there was obviously more snow then I remember. So I'm adding you to our list too! :)

Carley said...

Love the ears on the snowman. Hope it warms up for you soon. Come visit me, it's warm here.

Larson Love said...

That is quiet the snowman. So glad to see that you had a Valentine's full of love...

Sarajane said...

fun. write your 100 list, see my blog.