3.24.2008

Easter Weekend

We had a fabulous Easter weekend, even though we were far from family. Friday evening, we got together with some friends and had a little Easter egg hunt for the kids. Jacob sure liked looking for his eggs. In the beginning he was only interested in shaking the first egg he picked up, but soon he got the hang of things. In fact, the last egg he found, he found on his own. Thanks Olsens and Baumans for sharing our Easter with us!


In this picture, there are five eggs hidden...can you find them all? The kids did!









"Now, where's my basket to put these eggs in?"









The kids and their eggs.







Doesn't he look content with his basket?














This was Jacob Sunday morning when he came out of his room to "find" his Easter basket. Brad didn't think he'd be too interested in actually looking for it, so we didn't hide it very well. We had a basket for him, our neighbor brought a basket over for him, and G&G Jones had sent a package for Jacob. I think he made out as well for Easter as he did for Christmas! He sure liked all of his gifts & the candy. Thanks! We gave him a Magna Doodle, G&G gave him a car and a couple of bunny toys and candy, and our neighbor gave him a basket that had a ball and a stuffed bunny. I think he really liked everything he got.

This is a picture of us Easter morning before church.

And this is how we ended our day! I can't believe it snowed on Easter. I thought once I moved from Cleveland, that was the end of the snow at this time of year...I guess not. But really it was a great weekend. We wish we would've been able to spend it with family, but spending it with our friends was a great alternative.

9 Comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome Easter pics and stories. Spencer and I found all five eggs. Thanks for suppling us with an Easter Egg Hunt once again.

It snowed 8 inches here in Cleveland the night before Easter. Perhaps when we move away Easter will be nice weather. It was 55 degrees in Flagstaff on Sunday!! Something to look forward to.

Tonight we are hunting Easter eggs in snowy yard. That should be fun!!

Shelley said...

Sorry you're still getting snow, but sounds like you enjoyed the holiday.

Crystal said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I really love your shirt. Where did you find it? I also like how Brad is wearing a pink tie. I can't get Matt to do that, yet. I'll have to work on my blog tonight. I have some easter picts to post. Have a fun time in Chicago this week!

Carley said...

What a cute pic. of Jacob w/ his basket. The family pic. is really good too. Cute shirt.

lindy said...

you are a cute family. Maybe with the extra moisture you will have really green grass this spring? glad you had a fun easter.

Tamara said...

looks like a great Easter. glad the snow at least waited until the easter egg hunt was done. love your husband's matching tie! i'm totally into coordinating the family outfits and made my husband wear a matching tie this year. he didn't really like it but was a good sport.

Aaron and Carissa said...

Sounds like a good Easter, and I can't believe how big Jacob is. They grow so fast.

Brady and Kariann said...

Cute pictures!! We had such a fun time. Thanks again for a great Easter weekend!!

Desaray said...

I diddo the cute shirt comment :o) So I'm dying to see your Chicago post...you've had almost a whole week you know (hehe) alright I'll try to be patient ;)