5.06.2009

Trip

Last week, Levi and I took a trip to Utah. My cousin Desaray was getting married, so we headed out of town to see the happy occasion. Levi did great on the flights, hardly crying at all. Jacob stayed home and had a boys weekend with Brad.

We had a small bridal shower for Desaray the night before she got married. It was fun. Some of the guests stayed and played Rock Band, but Levi and I headed home to my Aunt's house to get some rest (haha, yeah right!).
While in Utah, it was kind of like a mini reunion for me. I was able to see my Uncle Robert and his family, my cousin Blake and his wife (whom I had not met before), my Grandparents, and all of Desaray's sisters. It was lots of fun to hang out with them. I even got a picture of Levi with his Great-Grandpa Salmon!
Unfortunately, it was kind of cold the day Desaray got married, so I didn't get any pictures at the temple. Actually, I didn't do so well at taking pictures at all while I was out visiting. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to remember what everything looked like. Corey seems like a great guy and I'm excited that he's part of our family now and I look forward to getting to know him better. Good luck and Congrats guys!

Funny story about the trip though: Apparently over the weekend there was a hockey camp in SLC so there were lots of teenage boys on my flight. And lucky me, I was seated right next to one. So, Levi of course gets hungry during this 3 hour flight and I had to feed him. Yeah, I was slightly embarrassed...I had a cover and everything, but it was a little weird having to nurse Levi while sitting next to a 15 year old boy. Ah...such is the life, right?!

And just for fun, here are the boys today! I can't believe that Levi is already 4 weeks old (he'll be one month tomorrow so stay tuned for check-up results, we go Friday). Aren't they cute?

5 Comments:

Post Family said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Wish I could've been there!

Aimee said...

Ah man, we miss everything! Sounds like fun, though.

Carley said...

Cute picture of the boys. Time goes by too fast.

Crystal said...

Did I read that right? You were in Utah and didn't call!! I'm so sad I missed you both. I'll forgive you it sounds like it was a really fast trip.
I feel for you with the nursing story. Awkward!! It's hard work being a mom! You are great at it. Happy mothers day friend! Can't wait for the stat's on Levi. I can't believe he is a month!

Kim Jones said...

It's so amazing that once the new baby is born, the other baby turns into a big boy! Jacob looks so much older now. Great picture!