2.01.2009

Beauty and the Beast

As many of you know, we were hit with an ice storm this past week. We were one of the lucky ones to not have our power go out. Being 6+ months pregnant, I don't sleep well anyway and Tuesday night was no exception. I kept hearing the limbs breaking outside due to the heavy ice. We woke up in the morning to snow and ice everywhere.


I think ice in the sunlight is very, very pretty. There is one downside to this sort of beauty though...

With this, we also had a little bit of damage. One HUGE tree limb in our backyard came crashing down at about 10 am Wednesday morning. We already have a small backyard, but this limb pretty much takes up the whole backyard. Boy, are we wishing we lived near our Dads so they could help us out with a chainsaw and trucks. Oh well, it'll be a good story some day, right?!
Jacob did enjoy getting to go and play in the snow though. But what little boy doesn't, right?

Anyone need some firewood? And want to help cut up the tree in our backyard?

2 Comments:

Sarajane said...

wow. When I lived in Montreal we had a really bad ice storm this brings back a lot of memories. our power was out for five days- cold!

Crystal said...

Looks like you received way more snow than what we did. Good thing the branch didn't land on your house.