2.07.2009

Scratch....

Here's the set up: Jacob is playing with his two trains he got for Christmas - Thomas & James. They are sitting on one of our end tables. He is talking to them (he's never talked to his toys before, must be a new phase). He leans over and this is what I hear him saying:

Jacob - Thomas, you scratch...(Jacob then turns around) my bum?

Thomas - Nothing.

Jacob - No? Why not? (Turns back to Thomas at this point.) Thomas, you scratch...(turns back around) my bum?

Me - I'm dying laughing in the chair next to Jacob, trying to hide my face from him.

Jacob - Mommy, what you doin'?

He couldn't understand why I thought that was so funny, but I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I have no idea why he wants Thomas to scratch his bum, but that was priceless!

3 Comments:

Post Family said...

Hilarious! Only a boy would ask someone (or something) else to scratch his bum. Good one Jacob!

Crystal said...

That is priceless! How funny!! I love it. Thomas is my little Eden's favorite friend too. Thomas is a pretty nice guy but I don't know if he's nice enough to scratch a bum?

Julia Callahan said...

I LOVE those moments in life. Kids crack me up. They're logic is also impeckable.