10.12.2008

This and That

Hello, This is Brad again. This will be my second posted blog, if the editor approves my work. There does not seem to be a real theme going on with the last several weeks of our lives, but I thought it would be nice to get some of our newer pictures up.

We were very blessed to have the opportunity to watch the General Conference of our church this month. We are able to watch it very well with our Internet connection. Each conference we enjoy more and more the opportunity to be together and spend the weekend being spiritually uplifted. As part of our tradition of watching conference every April and October, we have developed our family tradition of having a special breakfast on Sunday morning before it starts. We started this tradition a few years ago with cinnamon rolls, but after a few times, we decided that they are really a lot of work and not worth the labor unless we make a lot. But then the problem is that they are not nearly as good a few days old, and definitely not as good a few weeks old, so most of them would get thrown out. So later we tried making "monkey bread," which is pretty fun, as you might expect from the name, but did not seem all that special. This year, Jacob and I decided to make breakfast pizza. For the most part, we really loved it, but there were a few of us (Becca for example) who just thought it was ok. So we will just have to see what we decide to do for April conference.
It was very nice to be able to watch the conference from home because Jacob was able to run around, nap, and watch his tv shows while we watched conference, which brings us to the next topic.

Tubbies!
Does anyone else have kids that are infatuated with Teletubbies? This is really a weird show that does not seem to do much teaching. These four little characters sort of freak me out, but Jacob loves to watch "Tubbies." He asks for them all the time. In fact, while in Arkansas for 3 1/2 weeks, he never got to see the show, but continued to ask every day for his "Tubbies." I told someone at work about this and she gave me two VHS Teletubbie tapes. So while we were watching conference, Jacob was able to get in lots of quality Tubbie time. Maybe it is bad parenting, but it is the only thing we can put on that he will just sit and watch all the way through.

It is now Fall, which is a time for yard work. Also, it is our last time to really get things done on the yard before we put the house on the market. Jacob and I have been really busy planting flowers, trying to get grass to grow, and enjoying the last of our tomatoes.



Jacob really likes to pick the tomatoes and eat them. I have never known another little kid who likes to eat a tomato like an apple.

Jacob now like to say "cheese" any time he sees a camera. I like the tomato juice on his face.

In conclusion, I have received many (ok, one) requests to post another haiku:

a boy and his dad
so very much work to do
they make a good team

3 Comments:

Post Family said...

Brad, that is about the most original and wonderful haiku I've ever read. (Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but I didn't want you to get discouraged again and not post anything for another year.) Bravo!

Kim Jones said...

Hey guys, wow, Teletubbies. Im so sorry! We have been forced to live through hours and hours of Thomas. And now, Weston has found Blues clues and Dora. There is nothing more annoying that Dora! But, if it keeps the kid entertained, go for it! Jacob is getting too big! We wish we could have been here to see him. Are you coming home for Christmas?

Desaray said...

Brad, I definitely think you have a hidden blogging talent. It's go to hear from you every now and then. And love the haiku, I can't even define what one is let alone write one, well done!