10.03.2008

Extended Vacation

September ended up being one big vacation, for Jacob and I anyway. It began with a visit from my parents over Labor Day. One of the days my Mom, Dad, and I took Jacob to the zoo. He really enjoyed the petting part of the zoo with Grandpa.Another of the days we went to the Frisbee golf course (one of Brad's favorite things to do) and played all 18 holes. Jacob's getting to be pretty good at getting it in the "hole".
Since Brad had never been to the Louisville Slugger Bat Museum, he and my dad went together one evening while Jacob hung out at home with the girls.After a great Labor Day Jacob and I traveled back to Missouri with my parents. It was to be my ten year high school reunion that weekend and also one of our nieces was being blessed. The ride went pretty well and we made it to MO without any problems. Brad had to stay and work a few days before joining us late Friday night. Here we are all dressed up to go to the reunion dinner.Brad was such a good sport and didn't complain at all that evening while I socialized with friends I hadn't seen in about 10 years. It was nice to go and see how everyone was doing and what they'd been up to in the last ten years. Sadly, I was probably one of the most traveled out of our class...and that's not saying a lot!

The next day we drove about an hour away to Brad's sister's house to go to church with them where their baby was being blessed. I didn't get any pictures of Lydia since she was napping after the service, but we did get some pictures of the cousins.This is Jacob and Ashely. Ashley is about 8 months older than Jacob and his closest-in-age cousin on that side of the family. They had a good time trying to steal the soccer ball away from each other. Next is David, Noah, and William (from right to left). These guys love being superheros and this is a pretty common pose for them. I think I've posted other pictures of them being spider man, super man, and under dog (respectively).Then came the big change up. I decided that since Brad was going to be on a very busy rotation, not leaving a lot of family time, that I would just stay in Arkansas with my sister for a few weeks and hang out. It was lots of fun and I think it was a great decision. Jacob got to play with more of his cousins and we weren't bored of each other every day.This is Jacob and his partner-in-crime, Trista. They loved the bobbles in the house and even flushed two of them down the toilet one day before we noticed! They actually played pretty well together for the most part...although there were a few fighting matches. By the end of the 2 1/2 week visit, Jacob could put up a pretty good fight!Vicky and I took Jacob and Trista to feed the ducks/geese one day. Trista wasn't having much of that, but Jacob let one of the geese eat right out of his hand. Scared me! I didn't want the goose to attack, so I picked him up and we got out of there after that.For some reason, Jacob really took to Vicky's second child, Spencer. He would wake up from his nap asking for "Fencer!" and all day long he'd go around saying, "Fencer, where are you?".

Jacob and "Fencer" swinging.Thanks to Trista for letting us borrow her old PJs since I hadn't packed any with footies!

We were also able to spend a weekend at my parents house with just us. This is quite an accomplishment with so many kids living nearby. But we had a great time and it was an awesome extended vacation.
We are, however, glad to be back and it's nice to see Brad every evening. It's also nice not to be wearing the same clothes over and over. (Actually, Vicky let me her clothes most days so I had more variety than that.) But it is nice to not live in a suitcase!

8 Comments:

Post Family said...

Great pictures--you were good and took more than I did while you were here. We miss you. Trista still asks "Where Becca? Where Jacob?"

Crystal said...

I especially love the picture where Jacob is sitting on top of Trista. I think it fit really well after talking about them fighting. Also, cute pink pj's!

Thanks for staying with us for a couple of days while you were here. I had fun shopping together on our girls night too!

Aimee said...

Really cute pictures! It sounds like you had a fun trip. Hopefully we'll get back down to MO one of these days!

Brady and Kariann said...

I love all the pictures. It looks like you had a fun time with your family. I bet it was nice for Jacob to have his cousins to play with too - gives you a little break anyway :)! Glad you're back though!

Jessica said...

What a great vacation. I am glad that you had a good time. Jacob looks happy having fun with his cousins.

Desaray said...

I'm so jealous I missed out on all the fun. :) That's funny Jacob would ask for Spencer when he woke up...

sarah said...

look! i care! i didn't realize that we were just one stop on such a long vacation. only wish we had more time to catch up.

Janene said...

That is the coolest baseball mitt ever!