10.16.2008

Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup


2 12.5-oz cans chicken, undrained
2 Tbsp. butter
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 C. celery, diced
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. parsley
2 cups egg noodles

Saute onions in butter for 4-5 minutes. Add all ingredients to pot except noodles. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes (until carrots are soft). Add noodles and simmer for an additional 6-8 minutes until noodles are al dente. Serve.

We decided to have this delicious soup tonight because the weather turned cold and it reminded us of fall. The picture maybe doesn't do the soup justice. It was so good and definitely hit the spot!

2 Comments:

Amy said...

I love chicken noodle soup. This recipe looks really good. I'll have to try it. Hopefully in another month it will cool off enough here for soup :)

Kim Jones said...

I'm going to try it! Im always looking for simple and quick recipes and this looks great! I can already smell it!