5.05.2008

Derby Time

This weekend was the Kentucky Derby - the greatest two minutes in sports! We were able to get together with friends for dining and then watching of the Derby. The race was quite enjoyable, although the horses we had chosen didn't do so well. My horse, Gayego came in 17th, Brad's horse Bob Black Jack came in 16th, and poor Jacob, I gave him the horse named Monba and he finished dead last (20th)! Oh well, at least no money was lost!



What a fun tradition though to have derby pie (chocolate chips and pecans - fattening, but so yummy!), fun hats (I'll do a better job next year with my hat), and horse racing (one of these years I'll pick the right horse!). We look forward to next year's Derby and getting to enjoy this once a year event!

5 Comments:

Gomez said...

OOohhh so that is what the Kentucky Derby is. I thought is had to do with cars or something...looks like you had fun!

Crystal said...

I love watching the Derby. I didn't hear about when it was going to be on so I missed it this year. Maybe next year. Did you have a hat this year? Or is that the plan for next year?

Brady and Kariann said...

What a fun day! Maybe next year one of us will actually pick the winning horse!

Jessica said...

I love watching the derby, but I have never actually picked a horse. I'll have to try that one next year. Coby and I always pick brackets for the NCAA basketball tournament; however, we do bet a planned date.

Unknown said...

Looks fun! A good reason to get together with friends. I love the picture of you guys cheering...the kids are all looking at you guys like 'what the heck, you guys are crazy'. Hilarious.