4.28.2008

Weekend

Considering Brad was on call this weekend and spent Saturday and Sunday doing surgery until about 2:30/3:30 in the afternoon, it was actually a good weekend. When Brad got home on Saturday, we decided to go downtown. They were having a festival there, it actually goes on all week, but we wanted to see what it was like. There's a playground by the River Front and Jacob had lots of fun there. The festival wasn't all that great, but now we can at least say we went! The weather was great. It was in the upper 60's with a light breeze. Brad and I even got to throw the Frisbee, which Jacob thought was hilarious. Every time I'd throw it and Brad would catch it, he'd laugh!

A view of the River Front. This is where we played Frisbee. Perfect weather and so nice!

Just a random picture from when I took Jacob to the zoo last week. This peacock opened his feathers up so I snapped a quick picture. Beautiful!

Today Jacob is officially 18 months old! Yesterday I took him to nursery for the first time. Well, he actually went when we were in Chicago, but since I wasn't there and he hasn't been since, I'm considering this time his first official time. Since I was teaching my primary class and Brad wasn't at church, I decided it was time for Jacob to start nursery. I think he liked it. Janae, the nursery leader, said he did pretty well. I didn't tell him when I left and he didn't cry at all. They said he really enjoyed it when they colored. He did cry some during the second hour, I think from lack of sleep and probably being hungry and ready to go home. Overall though, I think it went well. In Nursery they made these cute little name tags with pictures drawn on them of the kids. Jacob just loves his and wants to wear it all the time. He even wanted to wear it in the bath last night. Funny kid!This last thing is mainly for the grandparents. Jacob loves to throw the ball. Last night we were playing basketball in his room and we thought we'd see if he could catch it. He did! I'm not sure when kids are supposed to be able to catch a ball, but we were impressed. I got out our camera. Unfortunately, we don't have a video camera, we just have a regular camera that can take videos so the lighting is bad, but this way I can document the age at which Jacob could catch a ball. Enjoy and happy 1/2 birthday to Jacob!

7 Comments:

Carley said...

How cute is he? I liked the talking in the video. I can't believe how big he's getting.

Brady and Kariann said...

I'm glad your weekend turned out pretty good and you were able to spend some time together. Looks like you had fun. Cute video of Jacob!!

Post Family said...

Oh, Dad will be so happy to see that Jacob is a natural athlete! I enjoyed your blog!

Irlenborn family said...

Ican't believe he can already catch a ball! He's getting so big!

Jones said...

What a cute blog. Is that the cave you are going to take us to? What a big boy, catching a ball (although the video was so dark that I couldn't see it well). Cute little guy and good looking parents too.

Mom Jones

lindy said...

It makes church more enjoyable when your child likes nursery! Jacob is adorable.

Jamie said...

I can't get over how big he is!!!!! I remember when you were pregnant! crazy@