In the last week, things have really started to look and feel like spring around here. We planted some grass out front about a week and a half ago, and it's already starting to grow in. We also planted lilies in front of our house. I went outside to leave one morning, and this is what I saw (nerdy me, I had to run back inside and get the camera for an immediate picture)!
(I love the close up of this flower, so pretty!)Also a couple of weekends ago we noticed a bird trying to build a nest in our backyard, on top of the down spout. Brad took down what was there and we thought maybe the bird would get the hint. On Monday, Brad took down some more of the bird's attempts at a nest. Two days later, there was a nest. I guess this bird just really didn't want to give up. I think she even worked at night so maybe we wouldn't notice. I think it's funny that she attached a "Danger" piece of red police (or something) tape...do you think we got the hint?!
I guess soon we'll have baby birds around our house. With all the work this bird went through, I didn't have the heart to tear it down again.And the last sign of spring? Well, of course there was General Conference, and since it's at the beginning of April, that seems to signify the beginning of spring. And on that Sunday, it was warm enough for me to be outside with just a short-sleeved shirt. You know that means spring!

We hope you've enjoyed a look at spring from our house!
7 Comments:
How funny, a bird built a nest on our front porch light. I took it down once, and she built it again. Like you, I didn't have the heart to take it down again, and now there are two eggs in the nest! Kind of cute, but I hope the birds don't leave a big mess right by our front door!
What beautiful flowers. I love spring, it is my favorite season.
I love that the bird used that big red tape! I'm glad to hear it is warming up there. Jacob looks so cute in the patio chair next to you!
The bird story made me laugh, thanks for sharing it. I love your flowers too. I'm going to try and plant some flower seeds here this week if it isn't raining and see what happens. Jacob looks so big in the picture of him sitting in the cabinet.
Love your signs of spring. Our daffodils are up, but not in bloom. Our lily bushes are growing, but a least three weeks away from blooming. Spring must come later here. :)
Chicago looks like lots of fun. That is an amazing bird! I'm sure Jacob will love playing out side all summer. It is fun to see what you guys are up to.
Oh My Gosh! Those lilies are gorgeous! Wow! Great job on those.
Post a Comment