Jacob had a very busy couple of hours last night. I was making dinner while Brad was showering after having gone for a run. Brad then came into the kitchen to help me get the rest of the meal ready. Jacob was off playing (working) in the other room. I thought, hmmmm, he's playing very well by himself. Then I thought, hmmm, the house sounds too quiet and if any of you know Jacob, you know he's not a quiet child. That's when I went down the hallway to see if I could find Jacob and see what he's been up to. My first thought was maybe someone had left the toilet lid up, as he loves to play in the water. Nope, not that...
He's finally tall enough to reach to the top of my dresser where I keep my makeup. Darn it all! At least he didn't make too big of a mess, considering. Luckily, it was only one tube of lipstick that he got his little hands on. It is on his clothes and a little was on the carpet, but that came right up with carpet cleaner.
He looks pretty sorry for what he did, eh?
We got him cleaned up and had dinner. Then was FHE. For our activity, we were going to play croquet outside. We went into the kitchen and Jacob started playing in the pantry. We have a little step ladder in there that Jacob loves to climb on. Most of the time, he doesn't really bother the food. Although there have been times where he'll take out all of the salad dressings and line them up and then put them in his dump truck and haul them all over the house. Sadly, that's not what he wanted tonight. Apparently, we hadn't fed him enough for supper because when Brad took him out of the closet, he was furiously licking his hand.
This is what we discovered. I'm not sure how he was able to open the applesauce correctly!
So in the end, we fed Jacob a little more applesauce before playing croquet. I think here he's showing us how strong he is now that he's had his applesauce.
What a night!
4.22.2008
Down and Dirty
Posted by Rebecca at 1:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 Comments:
goodness. he's adorable and mischievous. just like another little boy i know...
I love that little muscle man. Cutest ever.
What a riot! Glad the messes weren't too big. Boy has he grown. Can't wait till Nate does that...NOT!
At first I thought the photo with the lipstick was blood! It scared me. I'm glad it was just lipstick. By the way, what kind of carpet cleaner did you use? I'm sure I'll need it in the future!
Thanks for the story I loved it. I can just see Camarae doing the same thing later on. The applesauce part made me laugh. I can't believe how much bigger he has gotten and how much older he looks.
Oh the joy of kids. It's true if their too quiet it's time to start to worry.
That is hillarious Rebecca! What a cute little boy. Those are the best memories.
Post a Comment