2.01.2008

Wind

It's good for many things. It helps sailboats sail. It moves windmills to create power. It made the whole Marilyn Monroe picture work, right? It helps kites to fly in the air. In the hot summer sun, it feels good on my cheeks. It is used to pollinate flowers making the world a prettier place to live. Wind is a good thing. Right?

Except for when it isn't. We had a storm here a few nights ago. The wind blew hard. So hard, it ripped back part of our roof on the addition room of our house. Mixed with the wind was some rain and we now have lovely water spots on the ceiling in our family room. They bring more character to the room :)

Last night, Brad spent a couple of hours up on the roof making sure it was waterproof. It rained last night and, thankfully, not a drop came into the house. I think on Saturday he'll spend the day on the roof putting down a new roof on the addition.



Don't you love the wind?

6 Comments:

Meridyth said...

Oh Man! I am so sorry! It is so cold out there right now! That isn't very fun for Brad to have to be out there fixing the roof! Be careful up there!

Desaray said...

Oh, that stinks! I can't believe it ripped the roof right off...crazy. Pretty soon you guys are gonna have a new house :) Best of luck!

Rebecca said...

Seriously...little by little this thing will have been remodeled. Good for the next owners!

Todd and Meagan said...

Wow- that is not fun! It is good that you seem to have quite the Mr. Fix-It husband :) I'm just glad that you guys are okay!

Shelley said...

Boy you haven't had very good luck with roofing lately :( Sorry for you.

Jessica said...

I am sorry that happened. I wondered how you were fairing this stormy weather. Now I know. Hope the fix Saturday was final and lastly. Did the water spots on the ceiling come off?