President Hinckley has passed away. He died yesterday at about 7:00 pm, MST.
I was 14 1/2 when President Hinckley was called as the Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I know for my parents that President McKay was "their prophet". This is how I feel about President Hinckley. He's the only prophet since I've been alive that I really listened to or heard. Not because I didn't care what the others had to say, but because I was young. Every time I hear the words to We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet, I will think of him. It brings tears to my eyes.
I love President Hinckley and am very glad I was able to see him speak at the last General Conference. He will be missed in April. I am glad, however, that he finally is reunited with his wife.
This post is dedicated to him who has inspired me and lifted me when I've needed it most. Thanks, President Hinckley, you are loved and missed.
This post is dedicated to him who has inspired me and lifted me when I've needed it most. Thanks, President Hinckley, you are loved and missed.
1 Comments:
I too feel like he was "my prophet." He was one of my favorite speakers and I will truly miss hearing his words :)!!
Post a Comment