11.28.2007

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, Jacob and I decided to make another road trip back to see family. He does amazingly well in his car seat. I'm able to make the trip in 9 hours. It's normally an 8 hour trip anyway, so I figure with a one-year-old this is pretty good. We went for Thanksgiving and for the blessing of my cousin's baby. The only picture I got of the blessing was blurry (I wasn't the photographer) so I'm not posting it. We got to spend some time with both my family and Brad's. Here's a picture of Jacob with his Uncle Dan and cousin David. (Can you tell that Dan is Brad's brother?)



My mom and I did some cooking for Thanksgiving. We made some new fan dangled cookies. I heard they're really good, but I didn't actually try one. I thought I'd take a picture since I was proud of our creation :) When I get the recipe from my mom, I'll try to remember to post it.
My sister Vicky and her family came up for
Thanksgiving also. Jacob had fun playing with his cousin Trista. They're only about 4 months apart. Just before this picture, Jacob and Trista were both fighting over playing with this little pull-toy dog that barks. I'm pretty sure Jacob will be getting something similar for Christmas.
It was a pretty fun trip home and I was glad to see everyone there. We're looking forward to having the whole family together for Christmas. Things will be a little hectic since there will be about 21 people in my mom's house for Christmas Eve! But it will be nice to see all of my sisters. My little sister had a new baby two days before Thanksgiving. His name is Nate and he's quite a cutie so I'm excited to see him too!

3 Comments:

Carley said...

I can't believe how fast they grow up! With Nate around, time sure does fly. Hopefully we'll get to see you at Christmas!

Brady and Kariann said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip home. Those cookies look yummy, so remember to post the recipe when you get it!!

jes said...

um, so one question, how in the world can you make cookies and then not try them? you live in a world of self-control that i will never be a part of. [ps - i'm glad to see you're taking a stab at "housekeeping"!]