11.06.2007

Growing Up









It's amazing how something this small...






...can become someone this big in just a year!








On October 28th, we celebrated Jacob's first birthday. I can still remember so well how we felt when Jacob was born. It is very hard to believe that he's now running all over my house, eating real food, babbling, and laughing when just a year ago he was so helpless and couldn't even hold up his own head.


One of Jacob's favorite toys that he got for his birthday was this rocking horse from his Grandma & Grandpa Jones. He got on it and immediately knew how to use it. It was the first gift he opened and didn't want anything to do with the other gifts. In fact, he pretty much opened his other gifts while sitting on the horse.
The Tonka truck on the right was Brad's gift to Jacob. He does love this truck too...enough to get off the horse and have his "girlfriend" Madelyn push him around!

Jacob did a pretty good job eating his cake himself. He tried using the fork, but ended up using his hands instead. He was relatively clean considering the cake and frosting!



For awhile now, Brad has been telling me that Jacob's hair is too long and that we need to cut it. I've been holding out and telling Brad that after he's one, we can cut it. Well, as of October 28th, he's one. So, for Family Home Evening last night(Nov. 5), Brad decided that the activity would be to cut Jacob's hair.

Before...


...After!

Isn't he a handsome boy? I can't believe how much more grown up he looks. I know he's still a little guy, but with that haircut he looks so much bigger! Now I have to figure out how to store the hair that we cut so he can have a lock of it when he's older. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

8 Comments:

Carley said...

They grow up way too fast. The "after" hair cut picture isn't on there, so you need to re-post it so we know what a handsome toddler you have. Did you write it in your baby book?

Brady and Kariann said...

What a handsome little boy!! I love the "after" shot of him. He looks so cute in his newborn photo also. They grow up so quickly. I can't believe that mine are already 7 months. Yeah for Jacob turning one!!!

Max Fam said...

I love his haircut! Can't wait to see him in person.

This posting made me sad to think Owen is going to get bigger too (although he's practically already as big as Jacob!)....

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Meridyth said...

At Hobby Lobby they have clear memorabilia pockets (for 3.99) that are made to store things like that and other things that you want to keep. I love his haircut! Brad did a great job!

Irlenborn family said...

I can't believe what a big boy Jacob is already!! I finally got this comment page to work in english so I can leave you more comments. I miss you guys!!

Amy and Cameron said...

I wish Amara had enough hair to cut! We tell her where her nose is, where her eyes are, etc. and when we tell her where her hair is we have to say "I don't know!" Jacob is such a handsome little boy!

Stephens said...

I am beginning to wonder if Tommy will ever need a hair cut! Maybe we should paste some of Jacob's to Tommy's head!!

Brady and Kariann said...

P.S. - see our blog, I tagged you :)