On October 23rd we had a small rainstorm here (8 inches in two days!). We hadn't cleaned out our gutters yet this year. Big mistake. Here was the result:
Pretty, isn't it? We had blown in insulation in January or February of this year and it was all over my bed and the floor. I called Brad home from work and he set to work cleaning things up.
Jacob was very helpful. He loved to be in the room while Brad was working to clean the room up. He would "sweep" while Brad vacuumed. While Brad was hanging the drywall, taping, muding, and painting, Jacob wanted to be right at his side. He would often bring Brad the hammer or some other tool Jacob was just sure his Dad needed. He would then grunt and look at Brad as if to say, "Here, Dad, here's your hammer. I carried it all the way across the room for you. Please take it, it's very heavy." It was cute to see them working together.
We're lucky enough to have friends here who can help us fix the problems that we find ourselves in. Brad's co-resident came over to help hang the drywall. Just look at the dust in the air (that's what all those little spots are in the air). We got the drywall in place and then set to work getting the room cleaned back up.
In the end, we got our room back in working order. It only took about two weeks. I'm sure it would've taken less time if Brad didn't have to work, but since he does, we were working on a slower time schedule. The room looks great and I think Brad did a great job with the ceiling. I'm thankful that he knows how to fix things like this so we don't have to pay someone else to fix our ceiling or whatever other problems creep up as a result of home ownership!



8 Comments:
That is so cute that Jacob helped his daddy! The room looks great, you can't even tell where the hole was. It is a blessing that Brad could fix it, I'm sure it would have been a lot more expensive!
Good thing you weren't in their when it all came "crashing down!" It's great that Brad was able to fix it all for you and have a little helper in the process :)!
Brad, your the man!!!
WOW! What a mess! Looks like Brad did a great job fixing it. I know that you tagged me. I promise I will get to it this week. Thanks man!!
So, so sorry this happened to you. I showed the pictures to Jake and said this is why I'm glad we don't own a home right now. Glad you all were safe!
WOW!! Freaky!!!
Hey I have been so crazy busy but I will do your tag I promise. I just added stuff from our weekend...it was Avery's 3rd birthday.
I need your address for Christmas cards send it to my email ~ kgomez76@msn.com
Hey Rebecca,
Thanks for showing me
When we first moved here we rented a house and our neighbor reminded us every day to clean the gutters. I ended up doing it and hating it the whole time...I guess the alternative if worse. If only you had the neighbor like mine...
Post a Comment