I am in love with this book. Okay, really I'm in love with Edward. Maybe I'll change my mind later and fall madly in love with Jacob (as I know he has a greater roll in New Moon & Eclipse) but for now, my heart belongs with Edward. Maybe not in real life (still completely enamored by Brad) but for the hours I spent reading Twilight, I was quite taken with the cool Edward Cullen.
It took me only 2 1/2 days to read Twilight, which is a 498 page book! I loved every minute of it and would highly recommend it to anyone who likes to read. Don't let the fact that the books are about vampires make you think they aren't for you. I've never before been interested in a book about vampires, but this book had me hooked from the first sentence: "I'd never given much thought to how I would die - though I'd had reason enough in the last few months - but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this."
I have taken a break from reading Ms. Meyer's books for right now as I can't seem to put them down, which means I didn't spend much time keeping my house clean, etc., last week. But I am thinking of making a trip soon to my local bookstore to purchase New Moon & Eclipse, so don't tell me how they end!
So if you have some time to spare (and even if you don't) I would highly recommend Stephenie Meyer's Twilight!

11 Comments:
This isn't Brandon, it's Laurie. Just didn't want to scare you. It has been fun looking at your blog! Happy Birthday!! I loved your birthday present. You better go and get New Moon. I can't believe that you can make yourself wait. I will keep checking your blog and hopefully mine will be up soon.
Laurie
You did scare me, for just a minute! Glad to hear that you found me! I can't wait for your blog!
I was sucked in too. I even went to buy Eclipse the day it came out and now I have to wait for spring for book #4 to come out.
My wife has read these books too. I am convinced that these books are cult handbooks. It is like a giant pyramid scheme- everyone who reads them has to get other people to read them too. It is like they feel guilty about something and want to get others in the same boat in an attempt to feel a little less guilty. Just a hypothesis. . .
oh honey, I hear you! Since I spend a good 5 hours a day sitting on the couch and nursing, I've also plowed through these books. I'm just finishing up New Moon and I'm planning on starting Eclipse this weekend! We need to plan a vampire party. Seriously. Who would have thought I'd like a book about vampires?
Count me in on the vampire party. Maybe sometime in October?! We seriously should. I'll give you a call sometime, or you can call me and we can plan away! What a great idea!
Once I am done with Harry Potter I would really like to start on these books. I can't tell my husband though...he went crazy when he would try to talk to me during Harry Potter VII and I would be like "uh huh" but I really wasn't listening!!!
OK....don't even mention Jacob, it is not allowed and please don't tell me that you would even consider turning your back on my Edward that way...haha
I know you have not read them yet but by the end of Eclipse I could not stand Jacob.....he seriously annoy's me.
Let me know Becca...but not until you have read all three, you need to before you can really make up your mind.
I am loving that everyone out here is starting in on the Twighlight Books. I read all three in three days...obsessive, I know. I love Edward too. At the book signing I went to everyone had Team Edward and Team Jacob shirts. Next year I will wear my Team Edward shirt with pride. (I don't have one yet, but I will by next year!) If you have a vampire pparty let me know. I am in!! :)
After hearing everyone rave about these books, I have bought them too. I just finished New Moon and I'm about to start the third one. Addicting! I didn't even like Twilight, but I loved New Moon. I'm sucked in. After reading Sarajane's comment I'm bummed there is a fourth. I was hoping after I finished this third one that it would be over. Now I have to wait just like I did with Harry Potter and rush out to buy it. Augh!
Oh, this is Melissa Kiser, by the way :-)
Post a Comment