Jacob and I decided to be brave this past month. We took a road trip to Missouri. Jacob sat in the backseat and I sat in the front. I fed him some of my chocolate chip granola bar (I didn't think I gave him a part with chocolate in it) and this is what he looked like when we arrived in Missouri:
Luckily the trip went smoothly. We went back for a few reasons, but the most important is because my mom's parents were visiting from Utah. They had never seen Jacob (except in pictures) so we thought we'd make the trip.
This is Jacob with his Great-Grandma & Grandpa Salmon


He also got to play with cousins his own age.
This is Weston (2 years, 1 mo.); Ashley (18 1/2 mo.); & Jacob (11 mo.)We got to go to the zoo with other cousins, but I forgot my camera in the car, so you'll just have to believe me on that one.
Back at my parents' house, Jacob had a good time swinging and sliding with his Grandpa Smith!


Luckily the trip went pretty well. While we were there, Jacob turned 11 months. When we arrived in Missouri, Jacob only had one tooth, which he didn't get until he was 10 1/2 months. He did fine getting that first tooth. As our trip wound down to an end, Jacob turned up with a fever and was very irritable. He started cutting his second tooth on Saturday, September 29th. It was a touchy few days, but today he seems to be doing better.
Here's a picture of Jacob on the day he turned 11 months!
Our trip was good and it was so much fun to see family and friends again. Brad and I are definitely looking forward to the day when we can live closer to all of our family again. We sure miss everyone when we're gone! Thanks to Vicky and Jordan and their family for coming up from Arkansas. Somehow I forgot to take pictures of the Post kids with Jacob. Also, thanks Jordan (and my mom) for watching Jacob during Women's Conference so I could go and watch it at the church! We love you and can't wait to live closer!
Here's a picture of Jacob on the day he turned 11 months!
Our trip was good and it was so much fun to see family and friends again. Brad and I are definitely looking forward to the day when we can live closer to all of our family again. We sure miss everyone when we're gone! Thanks to Vicky and Jordan and their family for coming up from Arkansas. Somehow I forgot to take pictures of the Post kids with Jacob. Also, thanks Jordan (and my mom) for watching Jacob during Women's Conference so I could go and watch it at the church! We love you and can't wait to live closer!

6 Comments:
Cute pictures, sounds like you had lots of fun in MO. Wish I could have been there.
I was wondering where you disappeared to! Welcome back! Cute pictures!
Honestly, he's such a cute little stinker... So when are you going to learn how to use the timer on your camera? You know, that way we can see you too :o)
Looks like you had a good time. I love all the pictures. Welcome back!
Des, I know how to use the timer...see picture on my birthday...taken at home while Brad was at work :) But I'll try harder to post me too, I'm just not as fun to look at!
Looks like you had a great trip. You are very brave to drive all by yourself. It looks like you had a great time. Isn't family wonderful.
Post a Comment