9.08.2007

Labor Day & Look-a-Like

Sometimes you plan and you plan, and things just don't turn out the way you thought they would. This was our Labor Day weekend. My parents were both supposed to be coming for a visit. They have a small (30ish cows) ranch and one of their cows was in trouble. So my dad ended up staying home and my mom made the drive out by herself. So brave! Brad was supposed to be on call Labor Day weekend, but with the change in his residency program to another hospital, he didn't end up working at all that weekend. So I guess you win some and you lose some.

While my mom was here we got to play Frisbee golf...one of Brad's most favorite games! Jacob enjoyed playing too since we let him walk around with his cool new shoes. Here are some pictures of the outing.




On Monday we went down to the river front. Jacob is such a good traveler. He does so well in his stroller. Then we went looking for the splash park that I'd heard was down by the river. We drove around for a little bit because I didn't see any signs marking the splash park. As a last attempt, we turned into one more parking area by the river and it just happened to be the splash park. I hadn't brought Jacob's swim trunks, so we just let him go in his diaper. He sure did have a good time. I'm pretty sure he was the smallest kid out there, but that didn't stop him from getting completely wet and splashing around!










This is something we found on Sarajane's blog and thought we'd see who Jacob looks more like. Stay tuned...I think we may try this to see which parent Brad looks more like and which parent I look more like. Here are Jacob's results!




I win, I win!!!

As a side note, Brad would like to share with all of you his disappointment that no one has commented on his "original poetry" located at the right side of our blog. This part of the blog may be discontinued due to lack of interest. So, if you wish to save our "original poetry", please comment now!

3 Comments:

Carley said...

It looks like the splash park was a hit. I can't wait till Nate is here and I can show my cute kid off too.

Anonymous said...

dear ones:
I had to sign up on "google" to be able to leave a message. I hope this works. Your labor day weekend was wonderful. The splash park pics of little Jacob are cute as can be. You are a wonderful family. Love, grandma J in Montana

themorganfam said...

Wow, it looks like you had a lot of fun on labor day. I am glad you found the splash park because it is so great on those hot hot days. Personally I think Jacob is such a great mix of the two of you but I think the real winner is the one who sunburns easiest because his little fair skin looks like it can't take much sun at all.