9.11.2007

Fall

The leaves rustling in the breeze. They change; gold, orange, red, brown, yellow. Crisp, cool air. Warm sun shining on my face. Jeans and short-sleeved shirts. Pumpkins. Soft ball. Kids going back to school for another year. Empty parks, perfect for laying on a blanket and reading a book. Big yellow school buses. Straw-filled scarecrows. These things all remind me why fall is my favorite time of year.

Today Jacob and I took a walk around the block and it made me realize that I love fall. We were both dressed in T-shirts and jeans. I put a light-weight jacket on him, but when I walked out the door, I realized it was still warm enough to go without the jacket. Halfway through our walk, I took his socks off so his feet could feel the cool breeze as it tickled his toes. I used to think that summer was the greatest of all seasons with its hot days, perfect for floating in the pool. After living in Cleveland for four years, I was really missing the hot summer months. This summer helped me realize how great fall is, all over again.

It's perfect for walks. There is little to no humidity. The breeze blows gently across your face. There's a chill in the air, yet the sun is still close enough to warm you.
I love fall.

I did not take this picture, but I think it's beautiful!

5 Comments:

Post Family said...

Fall is my favorite season too! Isn't the cooler weather nice? I hope you get to enjoy a lot of walks and time outside during the next few weeks!

Post Family said...

One more thing... Did you take that picture? It's awsome!

Carley said...

I sure am looking foward to cooler weather. Down here I have to say winter is my favorite season, since we don't have seasons much.

Todd and Meagan said...

I am with you on loving fall. I especially love it in Louisville since the humudity takes a back seat to the cool air :)

Rebecca said...

I didn't take the picture, but I think it's awesome too!