On Saturday we had a big event in our home! Levi turned 3 years old! We had been talking to him about his big day and what he wanted to do. He wanted to go on a date! He has been having a bit of a rough time when Brad and I would go on a date and so we told him he could go on one for his birthday. Brad took him out for breakfast in the morning and then to Lowe's to ride the tractors/lawn mowers. The whole time Levi kept asking when he would get to go on his date...he apparently doesn't understand what a date is!
We have been working with him on how to show us how old he is. It's just hard for little hands to reach that thumb all the way to the pinkie finger, so we taught him this way.
" See, I'm 3!"
For Levi's birthday we had his favorite meal: hot dogs, chips, and carrots. This kid loves hot dogs!
Cousins Nate and Kate were able to make it for a little birthday party. Here is Nate, Jacob, and Levi eating supper together...or should I say playing and sort of eating!
My fabulously talented friend Shannon made Levi's birthday cake this year. I gave her a few of Levi's favorite things and she researched cake ideas and came up with this one. I loved it and so did Levi! He kept saying he had a "Mario and Yoshi and Mushroom Gorge cake". Can you tell we play a little too much Wii Mariokart and Wii Super Mario Bros. at our house?
Levi received many amazing gifts this year. From G&G Smith, he got a new Care Bear. He has been carrying around my Care Bear from when I was a kid for about 2 years now and it's getting kind of old and ratty so my mom bought him a new one. Unfortunately, that old ratty bear is still the favored one and the new one hasn't been allowed to sleep in Levi's bed with him yet. Levi also got a giant Mario which is a lot of fun for two little boys to use as a punching bag!
Brad and Jacob have been playing baseball in the yard lately and so Brad wanted to get Levi a glove of his own. I hope they enjoy using it this summer!
Levi is a child who loves to read so we got him a couple of new Dr. Seuss books. They have been a lot of fun too.
Getting ready to blow out the candles.
He got all three with one big blow!
Levi is a great little boy. Lately he has really enjoyed singing and I will often find him singing a little song to himself. He has also been requesting "I Am A Child of God" at night before bed. I have caught him singing the following songs to himself: Popcorn popping on the apricot tree; Must be Santa; Snowman; The Wise man and the Foolish man; I Am A Child of God - just to name a few. Levi is such a helpful boy and will often be the first one to volunteer to go to the storage room to find something for me. He also loves his brother and his sister. He will ask me several times when Jacob is going to come home from school. He will go up to Eva and say, "Eva, Eva, you're so cute!" and give her a kiss. Levi is a very bright little boy. He knows all of the letters of the alphabet by sight and can tell you which letter makes which sound too. He has been doing 24-piece puzzles by himself for about 6-9 months now and he loves doing them. He loves to read and to be read to. He can't read himself, but he loves to look at the pictures.
When Levi came into our home he brought such a sweet spirit with him. We love you Levi and are so proud of all you have learned. We can't wait to see what new things you will learn over the next year!
4.11.2012
3!
Posted by Rebecca at 2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
What a fun birthday!! That cake is so fun. I love how you wrote all about him!
Post a Comment