Today my little baby girl is 3 months old! She has such an amazing smile and loves to laugh.
We did quite a bit during Eva's third month. In my previous post, I talked about Easter. We decided to bless Eva in church on Easter Sunday. Normally this is done on the first Sunday of a month, but since all of our family was in town Easter weekend, we decided to not make people make a second trip to Springfield for it. Here is Eva Easter morning in her blessing dress:

We decided to go a little nontraditional and her dress has pink polka dots and pink bows on it. The christening gowns are so expensive and they only wear them once, so we decided to pick a dress she can wear again. She did very well during the blessing and didn't make a peep. She also didn't puke on her dress much prior to the blessing and she didn't have any blow outs, so in all it was a success! We had a lot of people in town for Easter so the chapel was pretty full. We blessed her in my parents' branch. There were 55 people there we are related to! Luckily my parents' branch is pretty small, so we had no problem saving seats for everyone. All of my siblings and their families, Brad's siblings and their families, both sets of grandparents, one set of great-grandparents, and my cousin Clayton and his family were in attendance. It was very nice to celebrate Easter with so many loved ones and to do this special ordinance for Eva.
Eva still does pretty good with tummy time. She doesn't always roll over and I caught her pretty happy one day while doing tummy time.

Eva still doesn't sleep through the night which can be kind of frustrating for me and she's not always the best napper either. Otherwise she is a generally happy baby and has started really giggling when I try to nibble her tummy or neck. She is normally a pretty good eater, but she still has quite a bit of problems with reflux so she doesn't gain weight very quickly. I took pictures of Eva today and Jacob wanted in them. He is always telling me that Eva is his girlfriend, so I guess it's okay for him to be in a picture with her :)

It's been a pretty good three months and I look forward to seeing the changes in Eva during her fourth month! I measured her today and she is about 23 1/2 inches long and weighs about 10 pounds so she's growing, slowly but surely. Eva, we're so happy to have you in our home! (Maybe next month I'll be able to get her to smile for the camera.) I saw someone take pictures each month of their child in their car seat to show their growth, so I thought I'd try doing it that way this time around. Too bad I didn't start until this month, but I think you'll still get the idea by the end of her first year.
2 Comments:
Oh she's so adorable and reminds me so much of one of your baby pics. It will be fun to see the pics of her in her seat by the end of the year...cute idea.
LOVE the idea of the car seat photo. I'll have to steal that one. Sorry she isn't sleeping through the night or napping well, but I'm glad she's happy. My mom said I never slept as a baby, but was always happy. The reflux sounds like such a bummer. I saw your post on Facebook about wanting a cure. It seems like she's not upset by it, but it's just a burden for you?? I'm glad she doesn't seem to be in pain from it. She has such a tiny nose. I guess because I'm used to looking at my family with large noses, lol. I love how Jacob says she is his girlfriend, lol.
Post a Comment