3.28.2012

On Monday Eva turned 2 months old. As you know, she's already a pro at rolling over from her tummy to her back. She has learned many new things in the two months since she has been a part of our family.

She actually does pretty good at tummy time and I almost caught a smile while doing it. She is such a laid back, chill kind of kid. She really only fusses when she needs to burp. Otherwise, she is willing to coo and talk to you or just hang back and watch the world around her.

Here she is with her little friend Ari. Ari was born about 5 weeks before Eva was, but she is MUCH bigger than Eva! It's always interesting to compare the size of my kids to other people's babies. Mine are always smaller...oh well, they are easier for me to carry around that way.


Jacob loves his little sister. One Sunday Jacob was having a hard time sitting still and not bothering people around him, so I had him sit by me and old Eva. He loved it! And it kept him occupied and out of trouble. I hope he always has such a love for Eva. She likes him quite a bit too ;)
Eva on her 2 month birthday. She is so cute dressed all in pink! Too bad outfits never last since she has such a reflux problem.
Yesterday I took Eva to the doctor to get her vaccinations and of course, the all important stats! She weighs in at a whopping 9 pounds 2 ounces (which is the 10th percentile) but she is 22 1/4 inches in length (which is the 50th percentile). She is over a pound less than both of my boys were at 2 months so I thought for sure her weight percentile would be much less than the 10th, but luckily girls have a different weight chart than boys so it's not as bad as I thought. She is on Zantac for her reflux and while it helps with her fussiness and discomfort, it doesn't do much for the amount she spits up. Needless to say, when she is awake I am pretty much wearing a burp cloth and they are almost always dirty. I am hoping she doesn't spit up as long as Levi did (since he didn't stop until he was 1). The average baby with reflux stops around 6 months, so let's hope that we only have 4 months left of this issue.

Otherwise, Eva is an awesome baby. She has been sleeping wonderfully at night. She will go from 5-7.5 hours a night, which I am so loving! Then she will eat and go back to sleep for 3-4 hours. She is AWESOME! And I figured out how to get her to nap during the day without being held. She apparently needed some noise in her room, but not just any noise. I had tried music to no avail, scripture scouts and conference, but what she really likes, is the sound of the VACUUM! I discovered this just yesterday. She was fussing when I started to vacuum and she was just laying on the bed. When I turned the vacuum on, she just stopped crying. I had to run something out to the trash so I left the vacuum on. She was still just laying quietly listening. When I turned the vacuum off, she started fussing again. So then I put her down to sleep in her bassinet while I vacuumed my room. She slept great. When I was done vacuuming, I decided that static on the radio was pretty similar. And it WORKED! She finally took a great nap without needing to be held. And this morning she as been doing great again. I love break throughs like that.

Long story short, Eva is a wonderful, healthy two month old with a family who loves her and looks forward to watching her grow up!

4 Comments:

Desaray said...

She is so cute and I'm glad to hear she is such an awesome baby. Love that. Hope her reflux ends sooner than later, doesn't sound like much fun. And who knew the vacuum was such a wonder. Glad to hear you're doing well...love ya.

Michelle C said...

Lol, those pictures are adorable! I love her big eyes! I'm so glad she's sleeping so well!! I am hoping I can get Breanna to do the same, we shall see!!! I can't believe she's 2 months old already. I'm sure it seems like she's always been around but it also seems like you were just pregnant or calling me to tell me you had her!! I'm assuming she handled her shots okay then??

That is really interesting about the vacuum. They say the sounds in the womb with the blood flow and such is about as loud as a vacuum so that makes sense. I'm glad you have found a good solution for her!! Yay for breakthroughs!!!


That is a really good idea about having Jacob hold her at church. That is a perfect solution!!

carolee said...

Cute little lady! She sounds like a such a good baby. Funny how she sleeps better with the vacuum going or the static of the radio. I'll tuck that trick up my sleeve in case I need it at some point!

Michelle C said...

(Love the new pictures at the top!!!!!!!!!)