3.06.2012

Wacky Wednesday

Last week at Jacob's school they celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday. On Monday they were to wear a silly hat. I didn't get a picture of that one because, let's face it, I'm a boring mom and we don't really own any silly hats. So, he ended up wearing one of my hats to school and we called it good.

But on Wednesday, he was supposed to go to school with wacky clothes on. Again, we don't really own wacky clothes because I try to make sure that whatever my kids choose from their drawers will be acceptable in public. Because of that, I try to minimize the wackiness in their clothing.

This is what we came up with:
Picture #1 - this is how Jacob smiles now when I get the camera out. He is wearing a purple button-up dress shirt, basketball shorts, Alaska wool socks (one rolled down in the shape of an "O"), running shoes, and an Army camo jacket. Pretty wacky, eh?

Picture #2 - "Come on Mom, take the pictures already!"
Picture #3 - striking a "Wacky" pose. I love it!

Jacob has really enjoyed preschool this semester. I am so glad we changed schools for him starting in January! Happy birthday to Dr. Seuss, you're loved at our house. Jacob doesn't really have a favorite of yours, but Levi loves, "I Wish That I Had Duck Feet". If you haven't read it, go grab a copy now!

3 Comments:

Desaray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desaray said...

Jacob, I just have to say you look so cool & wacky. Love pose #3. Awesome!!

Michelle C said...

You did great!! That would be tricky to come up with something!! Nathan has a pretty silly smile when I get the camera out now. He's trying really hard, but I normally tell him to laugh so we can get something close to real. lol. We love Dr Seuss too!!