2.26.2012

One Month!

It has been one month since Eva entered this world and became an official part of our family! We love having her in our home. With it being Eva's first month with us, there are a lot of things she has done for the first time.

The day she was released from the hospital, we came home and Brad had a roast dinner prepared for us. So, this is her first family meal:
While getting her first bath by Mom and Dad, we discovered something fun about Eva! When her hair gets wet, it is naturally curly! Her nurses in the hospital never let on to us...but we think it's pretty cute and she now sports a curl on the top of her head daily.
Such cute curls! The funny thing is, my mom has a picture of me with a curl on the top of my head when I was a baby and I always HATED it! I never thought I'd do that to my child, but now that I have a little girl, I think it helps make her look girly without having to have a bow in her hair every day. Now, I just love it! And I love that her hair does it naturally. Hopefully she'll think it's cute too when she's older and not hate it like I did!

Another thing we discovered about Eva, that's not so fun, is that she has REFLUX - yuck! Levi was a huge puker as a baby (his lasted the ENTIRE first year of his life) so I'm really not excited about Eva spitting up too.

As you can see from the look on Jacob's face, he's not thrilled either.

Here's a close up. And this isn't even one of her worst. We were able to get her on some medication and after upping her dosage, she seems to be doing much better. Let's hope this keeps up and we can keep the laundry down to a dull roar!

When Eva was 3 weeks and one day old, she busted out her first grin! I love it, what a cute, huge smile for such a little girl!

Here she is on her one month birthday:
This dress was made for Eva by a friend of mine's mother. Isn't it cute? It's a bit impractical to wear anywhere, but I thought she should at least get some pictures taken in it! We had some professional pictures taken of Eva, but I haven't gotten them back yet. When I do, I'll post them for all to see.

Eva sporting a bow for pictures. She's such a good baby - other than the spitting up. She'll go most nights for 4-5.5 hours before her first feeding followed by another one about 3 hours later. She hasn't learned to nap very well on her own yet, but I'm sure we'll be working on that over the next few weeks. We love having her as part of our family and are excited to see her growth over the next month. Love you Eva Lynn!

2 Comments:

Michelle C said...

Such a great post. Love the pictures!! The curly hair is so cute. I love how she looks so much like the boys. She completely belongs!! (: How sweet that Brad prepared a roast!! What a good hubby!! I'm glad the medicine is working for her!

Hiatt Family said...

Oh my goodness! She is such a cute little baby doll! Girls are so fun to dress up...until they get a mind of their own. Sorry about the spit up...I've been lucky with my kids! You are looking good!