As many of you may know, Rebecca's due date was April 7. For those of you who know Rebecca, you will agree that she is a person who likes to be ON TIME. This baby was no exception. She gave birth at 2:44 pm on April 7 to a 7 lb 4 oz boy.
Levi Wade Jones



We had an appointment with our OB on Monday, April 6 and he told her that things were "favorable" for induction the next day if she were interested. Jacob was an induced birth and everything went so smoothly that we felt good about doing the same thing this time. The only problem was that when we talked to someone about scheduling the induction, we found out that things were really busy and we might not get in Tuesday. We were told to call the Labor and Delivery area at 5 am on Tuesday and see if there was an opening. We expected not to have a spot available when we called in the morning, but were pleasantly surprised when we were told to come in.
Luckily we have several very nice friends that Jacob likes to play with because we do not have family in the area. One of Brad's co-workers has a girl Jacob's age and they were kind enough to let Jacob stay the day with them. (Thanks guys!) We got to the hospital, went through some paperwork (probably more than you would think for being "pre-registered"), and were brought back to delivery room 12. Rebecca remembered immediately when we were told 12 that this was the room we were in with Jacob when he was born (she is sort of odd/very talented with remembering numbers years later). Actually, this was one of the nicer rooms with lots of windows, so we were very happy to be there again. And again, since everything went so well with Jacob's birth, we thought that it would be great to just keep everything the same.
This is us happy to be back in our lucky room 12.

This is a picture of Rebecca looking stunningly gorgeous in a hospital gown.

At 8:34, the pitocin began to roll.
At 10:30, she was given her epidural. Thanks Mr. CRNA guy that I don't remember your name. (Rebecca says it was Eli Murphy.)
Hey, no hard feelings about kicking me out of the room. You did your job well.
Right after that her OB came by and broke her water.
Things got a little more complicated as the baby's heart rate began to drop down during the contractions and we got a little worried, but the pitocin was turned off and she continued to labor well on her own and the baby did better.
At 2:44, our little son was born and he has been doing well. Rebecca seems to be recovering very quickly and so far is feeling better faster than when Jacob was born, which is good because I'm sure she will need all the energy she can get to to deal with twice the number of little boys on a daily basis as she has grown accustomed to.

Thanks to all those who have helped us out. It is very nice to have good friends to help out when family is not around. 

27 Comments:
Levi Wade is darling! Can't wait to meet him. I'll try not to be jealous that you're no longer pregnant Bec.
Ahhh what a sweet baby. Rebecca you already look so much more comfortable with that baby in your arms and not your belly. What a cute family picture! Yeah for room number 12!
I don't remember Levi as a name on your poll list? Am I wrong?
You did good! He's beautiful. Good luck with your next couple of weeks. I hope things go well. Keep us "posted"!! ha ha.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He is beautiful and Jacob looks like a proud big brother. What a beautiful family. Austin is a little bummed that he will be "big" by the time we see him.
Congratulations, how exciting that he came on his due date! He looks like a little sweetie and I'm glad mama and baby are both doing well. Enjoy him!
Congrats, guys. I am so impressed you remembered the number of the delivery room, I can't even explain! You four make such a cute family.
whahooo! congrats! I think he looks just like his big bro!
Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys. He is so cute - and I really like the name "Levi" too. Glad things are going well. Let me know if you need anything! BTW - you look great too Rebecca.
Congrats! Cute name for a cute boy. He's so precious!
happy to hear the good news. love the name.
Congratulations!! He's adorable. Good luck with everything! What a cute new family picture!
congratulations! what a gorgeous little guy. and i love his name. all best wishes during recovery and the how-do-i-get-anything-done-with-two-kids phase.
Congratulations!!! I love the name!
Congratulations! He is adorable- I can't wait to see him up close! You'll have to tell me how life is with two little boys instead of just one. :)
Congrats! Such a cute little boy and I love his name!
Congrats!!! I'm glad everything went smoothly! I love the name Levi!
He is so cute. Let me know if I can help out. I can't wait to see him.
Congratulations! He is a doll!! I am so glad to hear all went well!
You all look great! Levi is so adorable, what a cute baby!! I love the name Levi! Congratulations.-Lane & Julia
I am so happy for all of you. Love the name. Glad all went well. he is just adorable and seems so tiny. Hope you are getting some sleep:)
I'm glad things went so well for you! Your boys are both VERY cute and I can only hope that the pending birth of our daughter goes as smoothly as yours did. You make it look/sound like giving birth is no big deal! Thanks for the invite to your blog! I've sent you an invite to ours!
Lenna
Awesome! Congratulations- what a season of change for you guys. I like the name :)
What a beautiful baby! Your family is VERY photogenic! Great pics! Glad things went very well
that is one of the prettiest newborns i've ever seen! and i love the last picture of your family. jacob looks absolutely adorable! congratulations!!!
Yeah! Congratulations!! I have been out of town and was happy to come home and find pictures of your new little man. I LOVE the name Levi. Was that one on your poll? I can't remember. He is adorable. Have fun with him!!
Congratulations! He is adorable and Rebecca you look amazing! I can't wait to meet him!
He is so cute!!! I love the pictures! And seriously, hello you look great. Did you just have a baby???? That's no fair! Let me know if you need any help?
It's been forever since I've looked at anyone's blogs (Carson has kept us very busy!) and I see that you had your baby....Congratulations!!!! He is so adorable and you look great Becca! I can't wait to see your little family again this summer. When do you plan on moving to Missouri? We should be there sometime near the end of June. Hope all is well and that Levi continues to sleep good for you!
Post a Comment