I was tagged by my sister, Vicky. You'd think she already knows my quirks, but since it's been about 9 year since we've lived together, maybe she needed a reminder.
Here are the rules:
"MY UNSPECTACULAR QUIRKS"
1.Link to the person who tagged you
2.Mention the rules on your blog
3.Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you
4.Tag 6 bloggers by linking to them
5.Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
1. I LOVE surprises. I love it when I am surprised. I especially love to scare people (mainly Brad & Jacob) - can that count as a surprise? Anyway, I love surprises. I would love it if Brad were able to plan a vacation for us and for me to not find out until the day of. Or even if he were able to surprise me with a date night that I wasn't expecting. The only problem is, I am not very good at being surprised. There have been many times when Brad has planned something and then by my asking him questions about what's going on when (I tend to be noisy too), the beans are spilled. So, I love surprises, but don't get surprised often.
2. My dishwasher has to be loaded a certain way. I can't really explain it, but when it's done wrong, I have to change it. Most of the time Brad gets things right, but when he's left to his own devices in the kitchen and loads a lot of dishes, I have to go back through and reposition them to where I want them. For instance, since we've been married, he's learned that pots and pans DO NOT go in the dishwasher. Maybe at your house they do, but at mine, that's off limits.
3. The toilet paper in my bathroom MUST go over on the roll. I think you all know what I'm talking about. I know, some of you are under-rollers, but me, I'm an over the roll kind of girl. I'm sure we could argue for awhile as to which way is better, but believe me, it's MINE!
4. It HURTS my ears to have my hair tucked behind them for an extended period of time. In fact, all through high school I rarely wore my hair down to school because the back of my ears would hurt so much within hours of being at school that it would end up in a pony tail anyway. Also, it hurts to wear glasses for extended periods of time. So, even though I sort of could use glasses (don't need them to pass the driving test), I don't wear them because they hurt my ears.
5. I love the dictionary. In fact, there's one under my bed so that when Brad and I are talking before we go to sleep or reading our scriptures, if we don't know what a word means, we can look it up. This often leads to practically reading the dictionary. I like words. I don't always know what they mean or how to pronounce them, but I just like words. Most of the time I don't remember what they mean two days later, but the really good ones seem to stick.
6. I hate being a follower. I don't like being told what to do. Maybe that comes from being #3 of 4 kids, I don't know. I would much rather be the boss. That being said, I try not to boss everyone around all the time (others may disagree with this) and would prefer it if people didn't realize they were letting me take charge. It doesn't always happen that way and when it doesn't I can handle it, but I would still rather be in charge than let someone else tell me what to do. Maybe that's why I quit my secretary job!
So, those are my 6 quirks. I'm tagging Desaray, Amy N., Becky S., Michelle H. (we need a new post, Michelle), Jamie B., Ruth C.
11.10.2008
Quirks
Posted by Rebecca at 12:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Comments:
Okay, so I can totally see where you are coming from with the pots and pans in the dishwasher! I laughed so hard, because I believe we have the same issue at our house. But, to mine, you can add NO TUPPERWARE in the dishwasher, unless it is dishwasher safe! Great quirks, Becca!
This is so funny! Eric is the one with all the "rules". He always reloads the dishwasher. Once he refolded all the towles cause it drove him crazy how I had them.
O yes, I am an over the top roller too. I even change them at other peoples houses, obsessive, yes I am.
Post a Comment