1.19.2008

A Walk in the Snow

This Thursday morning we woke up to snow on the ground. It wasn't much, but it was Jacob's first "real" snowfall so we had to capture the moment.

First, we had to get him dressed in his snow pants. We bought them last year when they were on sale and this is our first use out of them. We also bought a nice hat and gloves that actually fit his little hands. Jacob was probably thinking, I sure hope I don't fall over because my arms will never reach the ground with all this extra padding!


Once he and Brad got out the door, I think Jacob wanted to make sure I knew I was invited too. I declined as I have no snow pants, but the boys went out anyway.

This is Brad and Jacob playing in the snow together. Jacob and Brad look like they're having a conversation about what the white stuff on the ground is. He was a little more concerned that he had gloves on and wanted them off. He was able to work them off and then touched the snow. At that point, he found out he'd rather wear the gloves :)

Maybe next time we have snow there will be enough to go sledding and really enjoy it!

7 Comments:

Carley said...

Oh my goodness, he looks like such a little man in those pictures. How cute.

Max Fam said...

cute little snowball! and YES! We want to child swap. I would have Matt take me on a date every weekend if we could swing it! :) Of course then I might start to miss Owen.

Got any recipes yet?

Stephens said...

I just noticed on Heidi's blog that her's is labeled currently reading Pillars of the Earth. I noticed it already on good reads so I mentioned to her there was some nasty parts!! Are you a good reads member? We had Tommy in his snowman outfit too, he took a tumble down the stairs and it saved his life!

Tamara said...

Glad Jacob enjoyed the snow. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas!

Unknown said...

That's fun! Good to see he got to enjoy a little snow. It is so great to take them out for the first winter that they actually know what is going on (if that made any sense). Looks like he had fun.

Todd and Meagan said...

Awww. He looked so cute all bundled up :)

Crystal said...

These pictures are cute of Jacob. Are you scrapbooking them at all. I think you should or at least print them out and put them into a photo album.