10.14.2007

HELP!!!

As some of you may be aware, Jacob will be turning 1 at the end of this month. As of yet, we haven't purchased a new car seat for him and he is still riding around in his infant seat. He's still under the weight limit (which is 22 pounds and he weighs about 17 1/2 on a good day), so we're good for a while longer on the weight. However, the recommended height limit on the car seat we are currently using is 29 inches. He was 28 inches tall at his last check up! I'm pretty sure he's grown an inch since then. Needless to say, we're shopping for a new car seat. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm not very good at making decisions about things I feel like I know nothing about. Personally, I'm still happy with his infant seat as he will fall asleep in it in the car, then I can carry him into the house in it, and transfer him to his bed no problems. I'm not looking forward to having to take him out of the seat to bring him inside. Such is life though.

What kind of car seat did you buy? What did you look for in your car seat? Any suggestions would be helpful!


"Love my car seat, Mom, but I think I'll need a new one soon!"

8 Comments:

Max Fam said...

Jacob is so cute. I wish I had advice on the carseat thing, but I'm going to have to get tips from you since you're one step ahead!

Carley said...

What a ham in the car seat. Sorry you'll have to ask Vicky or Angie for advice on that one.

Stephens said...

I really like the one I got, but I am drawing a blank on which brand. I will check next time I am in the car and let you know! It goes up to 40 lbs. So, I figured it would last a long time. I got it like 8 months ago, so I can't remember how much it cost!

Sarajane said...

We got Julia a new one this summer when she turned one. We got a Graco basic toddler seat. I like that it has a cup holder. I think we got it from Babies R Us.

themorganfam said...

I have a car seat that I like it is just the convertable Eddie Bauyer one from Babies R Us but I have heard wonderful reviews about the Britax car seat. Now it is more expensive that pretty much any other brand but everyone that has it loves it and wouldn't buy anything else. Here is some details from a website I found.
"Roundabout LATCH Car Seat - Onyx
The legendary Britax Roundabout« convertible car seat is renowned for safety, comfort and convenience. Unique features including a sculpted base, push button release LATCH system with patented Versa-Tether«, and built-in vehicle belt lock-offs, make a tight installation in your vehicle quick and simple. The tangle-free polyester 5-point harness and push button harness adjuster help you effortlessly secure your child every day. The Roundabout« also offers a cozy, washable seat cover for that ultimate comfort experience for children rear-facing from 5 to 33 pounds or children forward-facing from 1 year old and 20 to 40 pounds. Britax offers a wide variety of Car Seats - Infant To Toddler Convertible Car Seats"
Anyway that is what I have heard through the mommy grapevine.

Meridyth said...

Wow, April has done her homework--How awesome is that! I bought an Eddie Bauer one from Babies R US. I liked the straps (my husband hates it) and the color went well with my car. :) It also has the LATCH system, but my car does not, so it didn't matter. I saw the Britax ones there and liked them a lot, but could not afford the extra $100. (hmmm that push button LATCH release sure would be nice--maybe for Ian's car seat when he gets to that point).

Jordana said...

Hey Rebecca, that's so cool that you found us, it's great to hear from you and see your updates! Jacob is such a little cutie, I can't believe he's going to be 1! Jayna just turned 1 last month, The car seat we got is called Alpha Omega. It's actually made my Eddie Bauer and is the exact same car seat just cheaper. So far we like it, but she's only been in it for a couple weeks. Good luck!

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

we got a britex roundabout and we LOVE it. i think it's also the highest rated for crash tests. it's super comfy (not that i've tried it)...but my kids say so. it's also the most expensive, but it's durable, easy to wash in the washing machine and it can be both forward and rear facing. it's super easy to switch the harness around and to loosen/tighten the harness. we love it! i also found the cheapest ones on albeebaby.com (free shipping).