7.30.2007

30 years and 9 months

It's been an exciting week at our household. On Thursday, Brad turned 30!!! We had a birthday party for him on Saturday. I even baked a cake, which I would have to admit is the first cake I've baked for Brad. Sad, huh, we've been married 7 years and this is the first time I've made a cake for him. It was a strawberry cake with vanilla frosting and sprinkles...all of Brad's favorite things! Brad was able to blow out all 30 candles with one breath...would you say he's full of hot air?! I also taped up all of the cards he's received. Here pictures of my efforts. We had a party with some friends from work. We had them over for cake, ice cream, and a game of croquet! We had a great time and it was fun to celebrate with others. Here are some pictures from our fun evening. The middle picture is of Stormi who won the croquet game.


On Saturday, Jacob turned 9 months old. We took him to the doctor on Friday where he was measured and weighed. He has finally started growing. He's now 28 inches tall, which puts him almost into the 50th percentile. He only weighs 16 lb. 6 oz., so he's still in the 5th percentile for weight, but we're happy with his growth. He has been busily exploring our house and takes me from room to room banging on his favorite objects. Jacob has been doing much better about sleeping through the night. Last night I put him to bed at around 8:00 because he only took one nap due to church. He slept until after 8:00 am! I was so impressed. I heard him cry out a couple of times before I went to bed, but when I'd peek in on him, he was still fast asleep. After I went to bed, I didn't hear a sound. What a joy and blessing it is to sleep through the night! One of Jacob's new favorite hobbies is typing on the keyboard. Here are a few recent pictures of him.

6 Comments:

Max Fam said...

Becca- Great TALK yesterday! It was awesome. I loved it and it was so uplifting. You too, Brad...although Becca's was LONGER! :) Looks like the croquet games are happening regularly! Happy Birthday to Brad.

Steuer Family News said...

Vanilla frosting with sprinkes huh?....Sounds and looks absolutely delicious! By the way, yours and Brad's talks were so wonderful on Sunday...I really enjoyed your great personal stories! I love hearing about people's experiences like that! Hopefully the treadmill things stays with Jacob so he'll KEEP trim! That's so cute about your Jacob and the stationary bike!

Todd and Meagan said...

Oh dear...beware of the computer fetish! We finally had to break down and buy a desk that closed up so that Fisher wouldn't be able get into it...the lock we have on there helps out with that as well :) Jacob is so cute!

Carley said...

I can't believe how big Jacob is getting! They grow up too fast. Happy birthday to Brad!

Gomez said...

Hey Becca...it is your long lost cuz Kim! I I asked Vicki for your Blog address. Wow it has been forever. You have a cute, cute Fam...

Kristel said...

hey
I was excited to hear from you!
What a cute little guy you have!
I am adding you to our friend list so we can keep chatting!