My mom has the unfortunate pleasure of being born on Christmas day. This means that most years, her birthday takes a backseat to celebrations of our Savior's birth. So, this year, I decided that since she was turning 55, I wanted to do something special. So, I came up with a plan to surprise my mom with a Branson girls' night with her and all of her daughters! We decided we would take her to a nice hotel in Branson, Missouri, so we could go shopping at the outlet malls and just hang out and have some girl time. My mom only knew that she and I would be hanging out on a Friday night. She didn't know we were staying at a hotel or anything.
The nice daughter that I am, I made my mom drive all the way to Branson with me with her eyes closed! It's about a 45 minute drive, so I think she may have been a little carsick by the time we got there, but she was a good sport. I had previously sneaked into her house and stolen some clothes and things so she would have what she needed for our overnight date. She quickly noticed that things were missing from her closet, but she just assumed that I didn't trust her to wear the right clothes on our date! Anyway, we got to the hotel and I went inside to get a room key. Then I took her up to our room, but my key wouldn't work! Luckily, my sisters were waiting inside and we knocked on the door and they surprised us. It was so fun to surprise my mom and pamper her!
We played some games and then put our bathing suits on and went down 4 flights of stairs and outside in the frigid air and over to the indoor hot tub.
![]() |
| Me, Angie, Vicky, Carley, and Mom |
We had fun in the hot tub, but then we had to make the journey back to our hotel room. Some of us thought the trek up four flights of stairs was worse than others did.
![]() |
| Carley's response to walking up 4 flights of stairs. |
![]() |
| Vicky and I had on the same bathing suit...who wore it better? |
The next morning we went and got pedicures, but I didn't take a picture of everyone's toes. It was so much fun and I definitely think we should make it a tradition! Happy birthday Mom! Thanks for everything you've done for us and all you've taught us. We Love You!




4 Comments:
Oh how I love a good surprise. That's awesome and I bet she didn't expect to see everyone let alone stay the night. Looks like you guys had fun.
That is so awesome you were able to pull that off. Looks like an awesome time!! I love that your mom discovered you snuck some things!! You and Vicky both look A-MAZING!!! in your suits!! Hopefully I can look that good some day, lol. I'm working hard on it.....again!!
You are a fabulous daughter! How fun! I can't wait to do these kinds of things with my girls. Oh, and you are such a show off in that swimsuit! I hate you just a tiny bit for looking so amazing. ;)
That is so awesome! Your a pretty good daughter for doing that!
Post a Comment