1.14.2013

10 & 11

So since it's January, I thought I should tell you what Eva's been up to in the last couple of months.  She's now 11 1/2 months, but I never posted about 10 or 11 months, so I thought I'd play "catch up" a little bit.

Here's the car seat pose - to me she doesn't look much older from 10 to 11 months - if anything, I think the shot of her at 10 months looks older than the one at 11.  Anyway, I think she's a cutie!
 

 
 Eva was born with quite a bit of hair and it's just kept right on growing; which is why most of the time it's fixed.  When I don't put it into some kind of a ponytail, this is what you get!  Crazy haired Eva.  I love it when her hair's in pigtails, but I don't want it to break off or be pulled tightly all the time, so I don't "fix it" every day.  This hair was probably after she'd slept in her ponytail all night and then I took it out in the morning to redo it. 

Something Eva has learned to do is turn on the water in my bathroom.  Almost every time I am in the shower, she will find her way to my bathtub and turn on the water just to feel it running over her fingers.  Luckily she's only ever turned on the cold water.  Even when I turn it off, she'll turn it right back on.  Sometimes I think she's too smart for her own good!

Some things that happened during her 10th & 11th months:
  • We got rid of her pacifier during her 9th month, so it's totally gone now and she's done wonderfully with that transition.
  • She learned to crawl down the stairs by herself.  We still keep the gate up because sometimes she has gotten to playing on the stairs and tumbled down, but she does know how to get down herself.
  • Eva FINALLY stopped spitting up!  At about 10 1/2  months we decided to take her off her medication because she hadn't spit up in awhile and thankfully she hasn't really spit up since.  What a blessing that has been!
  • Eva started walking!!  She took her first few steps on November 16th - just before turning 10 months.  By 11 months she was still crawling to get most places, but she could take 4-8 steps by herself.
Hopefully I'll be more on the ball for her one year post!  We think she's a doll and are so glad she's a part of our family!

1 Comments:

Michelle C said...

Wow she is SO grown up!!! I just love her pig tails. I would be afraid of breaking off her hair too. I always think baby hair is so delicate!!! I can't believe she is walking and can do the stairs. That is amazing!! And how crazy she even discovered how to turn the water on, silly girl!! I'm so glad she's no longer spitting up and she is done with the pacifier! Such great news! I am really behind on Bre's posts too!! I think she does look older in the 11 month shot!