8.10.2012

6 months

This little cutie turned 6 months old on July 26th!  Here are a few things that have happened to Eva in the past month:
 
She was finally able to wear her first pony tail!  Isn't she a doll!  I love her smile, she looks just about excited and happy about this accomplishment as I was!

She started trying to get up on her toes to kind of crawl.  She looks pretty happy about it.  
I have a comparison picture of Jacob in a similar pose when he was about 8 months...

Eva looks much happier than Jacob in the "plank" pose.
The day after Eva turned 6 months, she took off crawling around the house.  She is everywhere now!  Levi is constantly tell her not to chew on his toys (even if she's nowhere near them)!  She gets a few more bonks on the head now that she is mobile and people aren't always aware of where she is.  The baby gate has gone up in our house and that has caused inconveniences for the boys when they are trying to get upstairs or go downstairs.

Nine days after Eva turned 6 months, I walked into her room to get her up from her nap and this is what I saw:
 

 This little girl is trying to grow up so quickly!  She can even pull herself up on the recliner in her bedroom.  If we aren't careful in our house, she'll be walking soon!  She's really only big in the things she can do though.  I took her for her 6 month check up and she was 26 inches long (50th %) and weighed 12 lb. 15 oz. (less than 5th %)!  She is still wearing size 1 diapers - hey, they're cheaper and she still doesn't pee out of them at night!  She sleeps about 10-12 hours at night (she does occasionally wake up after about 8 hours) and she normally takes 2 2-hour naps a day.  She's such a cutie and we love her!

Another thing that happened July 26th -


Happy birthday Brad!!!  We had a fabulous date on Friday night (the day after his birthday).  We went to a steak place with my cousin and his wife.  Afterwards, we went golfing - a first for both Brad and I.  We played at a par-3 golf course and we had a BLAST!  It was so much fun - way more fun than I thought golfing would be.  I think it's neat that Eva was born on Brad's half birthday - something they have in common :) 

4 Comments:

carolee said...

She is one mobile girly! Hooray for being able to put a ponytail in. :)

Desaray said...

She is sooo cute! Love the little ponytail :o) Happy b-day to Brad and the 26th is a big day around our house now... And golf is fun eh? I'm not very good but that's ok. We'll have to go play one of these days.

Hiatt Family said...

Awe...the first ponytail. I remember how excited I was to pull Addilyn's 5 little strands into a ponytail of sorts. Girls are fun! I can't believe she is so mobile and so young. Watch out! You may be chasing her for a long time! such a cutie!

Michelle C said...

I thougth I already commented on this one! Guess not!! Eva's 6 month to 7 month pictures look a lot different she is much more grown up!! Love the little pictures of Jacob and Eva in the plank pose!!! Planks are hard man!! I tried to do some the other day for exercise - not fun!!