We decorated the house a couple of weeks ago for Christmas. It's always interesting to see how much the boys will want to help. This year, they really didn't do much for helping, or hindering, the process of decorating. They were around, but a lot of the time, they were too busy playing with each other to really get into anything, which was kind of nice.
I got new curtains, candles, and decorative ball ornaments to put near my mantle. I think it makes a great impact on the overall look of the room!
We ordered new stockings this year. One for everyone, with everybody's names embroidered on them. Unfortunately, two days before my stocking was to arrive, I found out that the one I wanted was out of stock and they wouldn't be making any more...at least not right now. So, we have a stocking for Dad, Jacob, and Levi, but not one for mom. Oh well. Next year, once baby girl has been officially named, she and I will get stockings that will be hung up next Christmas.
Aren't the boys cute posing by the fireplace under the stockings?!
Finally, we got a new star to go on top of the tree. It looks pretty good, if I do say so myself! I love the decorations for Christmas. It's always a little sad when it's time to take them down, so we're trying to enjoy them while we can.
Jacob helping put the finishing touches on the tree!
12.13.2011
Decorating
Posted by Rebecca at 2:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comments:
It all looks so great! I love the new curtains, candles, and balls!! I think the stockings look great on the mantle!! I love Christmas decorations too. It leaves the house kind of sad and empty when we put them away.
Post a Comment