This year I was in charge of the Trunk-or-Treat that our church put on, so unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of that night. Brad was great and got the boys ready for the party while I was busy at the church setting everything up.
This year for Halloween, Jacob said he wanted to be Luigi! He would go around saying "Luigi Time" like Luigi does on Mariokart Wii. I'm not really sure why, but he was excited about it. Then, if you asked Levi what he wanted to be, he would say "Mario Time!" So, I decided to go about things the old-fashioned way and instead of buying the cheap, lightweight costumes from Walmart, I found some great overalls online, some nice Mario and Luigi hats online, and a red and green shirt for each of the boys. They LOVED their costumes!
Brad tried to get a good picture of the boys before heading off to the Trunk-or-Treat. But the neighbor was using a leaf blower, or something really loud, so Levi thought he had to cover his ears :) He went ahead and took this picture, but then remembered that Mario and Luigi have mustaches, so he ran back inside to make the adjustment.
Ah, a picture with the mustaches. For the Trunk-or-Treat, the mustaches were a little "Hitler-ish", so we changed that for Halloween night.
Proof that I attended the Trunk-or-Treat. Believe me, as a six month pregnant person running the show, I was EXHAUSTED by the time the night was done. Every part of my body was sore by the time I got home. I took a nice hot bath, some pain meds so I could hopefully sleep, and I still had trouble. Oh well, the night was a huge success, so I guess it was worth it!
On Halloween night, Brad's sister Angie and her two kids came over and Brad and Angie took the kids trick-or-treating. Here is Mario, Spiderman, Luigi, and a little lamb all ready to go trick-or-treating!
We used our little cart/wheelbarrow for the kids to ride in around the neighborhood.
All four kids, piled into the wagon. It didn't last long and Brad wasn't sure the wagon was necessary by the time the night was over, but the kids had a great time. I, er, the kids got some great candy, and I stayed home handing out candy to the kids who came to our door. Another Halloween success!
11.17.2011
Halloween
Posted by Rebecca at 2:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comments:
Oops, I thought I had commented when I looked at this post before! The boys look adorable in their little costumes. Love the mustaches!! You look great at the Trunk or Treat. I forgot to ask you how it all went and get the details. I'm glad it went well.
Post a Comment