12.20.2011

A First

I am 31 years old. Yes, I'll admit my age. I am not ashamed. Anyway, until this Christmas, I had NEVER in my life made a gingerbread house. I'm not sure what that says about my upbringing or the schools that I went to, but sadly, I had never done one before this year. Nevertheless, Brad went to Sam's one night and found a great little kit (making one from scratch would've been a huge thing for someone who had never done even a kit one before) and we decided to decorate a little gingerbread house for Family Home Evening one Monday night.

The kids thought it was great fun. I helped Jacob and Brad helped Levi in doing two sides each of the house.

One of us allowed more autonomy than the other of us :) Jacob really enjoyed putting the icing on the outside of the house.Levi and Daddy doing the icing.

Levi, watching Daddy put icing on the house. Levi enjoyed eating the candies and sitting on the table.
The finished product! I was actually a part of the whole process, so we did a family picture to prove it :) This was a lot of fun and I think it might become a family tradition.

1 Comments:

Hiatt Family said...

You aren't the only one! We made our first gingerbread houses last year. Ha! Looks great!