We decided to take a family vacation this year. Brad and I have been lucky enough to go on several vacations without the kids since graduating from residency, but this time, we thought the boys were old enough to go with us. So, I found a nice beach house (equipped with a pool & hot tub in the backyard) in Destin, Florida and around the 10th of September, we headed off on our first family beach vacation!
Luckily, my parents were willing to come on vacation with us so that Brad and I were still able to have some relaxation time. So, sit back and enjoy the pictures (along with a little commentary) of my FABULOUS birthday week/vacation!
Dad on the body board. He was probably the most into catching a good wave!
The first day at the beach, Levi mainly dug in the sand. He didn't get too close to the shore, but he would run in the water that had washed up in the middle of the beach.
Jacob thought the beach was pretty cool.
The first day at the beach, Jacob spent most of his time digging a giant hole. He talked Brad into helping him...and also Grandpa.
The hole got pretty deep. It's up to his shoulders! Once it was complete, there was water in the bottom of it, and Jacob would just sit in it and sort of lay down...it was a bit cozy for laying down, but he sure had a fun time digging that hole!
Eventually, Levi got sick of being at the beach and thought he'd find his own way home ;)
Grandpa was kind enough to get him and bring him back. You can see (especially if you click to enlarge the picture) that Levi didn't really like the sound of the waves.
Here's my beach boy!
Jacob enjoyed jumping in the waves.
We also talked him into going out into the ocean with Grandma on a raft. He wasn't so sure at first, but being the nice parent I am, I forced him and then he got used to it.
While on vacation, I had my birthday. This is before Brad and I went on our date. (Yep, that's my belly at about 21 weeks pregnant.)
The family on my birthday.
We waited until the next day to have birthday cake since we got home kind of late from our date. I think Jacob was a lot more excited for my birthday than I was.
At the beach, we found a crab. My Dad spent about 10-15 minutes catching the crab, just to release it. We had no fishing license, so we didn't take it home to eat...beside the fact that none of us really likes sea food!
Levi made himself useful by bringing the raft in from the beach :)
I found a really hot guy coming out of the ocean, so I took a picture.
Same hot guy showing off his 'mad' Frisbee skills!
Even the old guy on the beach had some nice catches!
We took the kids to a place called Fudpuckers. You're supposed to be able to feed the alligators...but these alligators must've already been fed because they weren't too interested in what we had to give them. The one with his mouth open is YAWNING! not asking for more :(
The boys enjoyed more riding on the alligators :)
At the pool in our backyard, my dad found a small gecko in the pool. Jacob was too scared to hold it, but Levi doesn't know yet to be scared of things, so he held it...the photographer was just a little late snapping that picture!
The boys in the hot tub. They loved it! 
Jacob sure seems old in this picture to me! He really enjoyed relaxing, having unlimited access to Brad's phone to play "Air Slice" and he enjoyed the XBox that was in his room of the rental house.
Levi enjoyed bike rides with Grandpa and having unlimited access to Teletubbies in his bedroom. (There were 4 bedrooms in the house, each with their own TV...the boys were in heaven!)
The ride home was long, but it was definitely a fun trip. I'm pretty sure my mom has seen Toy Story enough times to never want to see it again!
We had a blast as a family and I would highly recommend Destin if you ever want to take a beach vacation!
9.26.2011
Family Vacation!!!
Posted by Rebecca at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 Comments:
That looks like a fun trip! You look great at 21 weeks! can't even tell!
Love the family picture - so good of all of you!
Your dad looks pretty cool riding those waves. (:
Love the one levi walking away. you took some awesome pictures
That's so cute he was plugging his ears
Awww, your belly!!! I love it!
I had to laugh about your "hot guy" comments and then the "old guy" comment. They do have some prettty good skills all through the legs and everything, lol
The alligators were cute. I love how that one was yawning.
Awww, that gecko is adorable! That's interesting Levi wasn't scared because I know Tyler would have been. Maybe Levi is just brave?
Jacob does look old in that picture! He looks so grown up jumping the waves too!
Your mom wasn't in very many pictures on the beach and there weren't any of you. I guess since you were the photographer? (:
Enjoyed your post. Looks like a lot of fun!
That looked like a fabulous trip. I've been thinking about calling you to see how it was and to hear about your b-day...and I still will...just a little slow I guess.
It looks like you guys had so much fun! Is it the first child syndrome that makes them so scared/nervous about anything new? Mason is the same way but Addilyn, like Levi, is pretty fearless! Happy belated birthday and CONGRATS on baby number 3! Hope you are ready to outnumbered...yikes!
Looks like a blast! The beach looks wonderful! Again, hope you had a good b-day...and Congrats on the baby! Tricky, Tricky, mentioning the pregnancy in one little spot. I am so glad that I check your blog periodically or else I wouldn't have even known. Yay!!!
You took some great pictures on the beach! You are the 2nd friend to tell me about Destin, Florida. It's on my list of places to vacation! Glad you had such a great time.
Glad you all had fun on your family vacation in FL! It would be fun to have a family beach vacation.
What a fun fun vacation! I love Florida. You are so lucky you had grandparents there to help. Cute belly, cute pictures.
Post a Comment