8.18.2011

Hottest Concert Ever!!!

This summer has been really, really hot in Missouri. I think July set records about half of the time for how hot it was. Most days, the low during the day was maybe 80 degrees, the highs around 105. This is not normal for Missouri. July is normally hot, but more like 95 hot, not 105. Anyway, during this time we had the annual Ozarks Empire Fair. Well, when we heard who was coming to the Fair to put on a concert, we knew we HAD TO HAVE TICKETS!!!

So, we purchased them early. We purchased good tickets. I think we were in the 8th row, and we had aisle seats. Who was this good that we had to have awesome tickets for?You may want to click on this picture if you can't tell who they are, but maybe you recognize the blue jumpsuits? Yep, we saw the IMAGINATION MOVERS in Concert!!! Jacob just loves these guys, and now that Levi is a little older and since they came to our home town Fair, we decided to splurge and go see them live.

Our seats were awesome. A couple of the Movers even came down our aisle (this is Rich).

Some of the time, we weren't sure if Jacob was having fun or not. But I think overall he liked it quite a bit.
All the guys together. (L to R: Scott, Dave, Rich, Kyle (on drums...not on the actual show), and Smitty)
Jacob is pointing at Rich. I think he thought it was quite a bit of fun to see them this close up. He even gave Rich 'five', which Jacob thought was pretty cool.
Dave, at the end of the concert, came over to the side and Jacob and I made our way over to say hi to him. The poor Movers we so sweaty because the concert was outdoors and like I said, it was probably still about 100 degrees, even though the concert started at 7:00 pm. Jacob pointed to Dave and said, "You're sweaty!"

I was going to post a video of the concert, but it was taking too long. If you live near me and want to see it, feel free to ask sometime when we're hanging out. If you don't live close enough, then sorry, you're out of luck. But it was tons of fun!!

4 Comments:

Michelle C said...

That is so fun!! That's neat you were able to go!

Corrine said...

super fun!

Crystal said...

I think that it is so funny that they were one of the concerts at the fair! How fun for Jacob though.

Crystal said...

You are a super star mom! What a good sport.