3.25.2011

I'm Glad

I've been reading other Stay-at-home mom blogs (surprise, surprise). Some of them, women I don't even know. Lately, it seems several women have blogged about how much they miss their prior lives...you know, the ones where they earned a paycheck, had deadlines to meet, and felt important.

After reading these blogs, I was glad to think to myself: I don't miss that world AT ALL! I worked for six years before my first little guy came along. Six years! That's a long time. When he first got here, I was out of my mind with boredom. Everyone told me I'd be so busy with a newborn. I'm not sure if I did it wrong or what, but nope, I wasn't busy. All he did was lay around, sleep, eat, poop, that kind of thing. Nothing too exciting, and definitely nothing to keep me on my toes. So, I tried to find new hobbies to occupy my time. There wasn't really much I wanted to do, so I went back to my old love - reading. I love to read...but that's another story.

Anyway, as time has passed, I find that I don't need a lot going on to occupy myself. Some of my friends (and sisters) can't stand to be home all day, every day. For me, there are many times I don't leave the house from the time I walk in the door on Sunday until maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Well, I should amend that, that was much more true before Jacob started preschool. I actually kind of miss not having to go anywhere for days on end. I really just love to be at home. I love to have nothing on my calendar to do. I love not having deadlines. I love to just be. So, I'm glad I don't have the desire to be out in the workforce. And I'm glad I don't feel like I need work to make myself feel important.

I'm Glad.

4 Comments:

Crystal said...

I agree! Somedays I like having somewhere to go and others I just want to be home and do nothing or be at home doing something. Depending on the day and mood.

Aimee said...

Cute pic, and it's nice to hear that someone else besides me doesn't want to work outside the home. I keep telling people - I don't want to!!

sarah said...

i worked for two years before having jevin and then i kept on working for 3 1/2 years... i hated having to go in to work while i had kids! maybe it was the work that i was doing? but i do miss getting dressed up and going out to lunch with co-workers but that's it! i guess i feel like it's just a blessing to be able to be home and i've wanted to do it for so long that i really appreciate it! since i just started this full time SAHM thing, i'm still working on a balance but i like to be home. i think everyone else has gotten me scared that i'll become one of those moms that loathe it... hopefully it will never come to that!

Michelle C said...

I'm glad you're glad. I'm glad too. I do not miss working at all. I absolutely HATED it!!!!! I would cry before every shift because it was so stressful!! We're blessed to be able to stay home with our boys!