3.18.2011

Going Green

I have never, and I do mean NEVER, done anything in my own home to celebrate St. Patty's day before. I know, I was deprived as a child and I have deprived Jacob for the last 3 years. But this year, when Jacob got home from preschool, he mentioned wanting something different for lunch today. So, Mommy Dearest got creative and this is what we ended up with:

Can you tell what it is?

A better view reveals, green pancakes and green milk. I let Jacob mix the milk and when he was finished he said, "See, it's magic!" He was so excited for his green pancakes and green milk for lunch.
Levi got into it too.

First bite...will they like it?
Success!

I had to make Jacob promise me he would eat it if I made it green. He can tend to be a picky eater so I didn't want to go through the work and then him not eat it. But he was happy to oblige and went back for seconds.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

3 Comments:

Crystal said...

Your such a good mom. My kids are still deprived. It was by the luck of the draw that I dressed Carly in a green shirt that day. Phew!

Crystal said...

How fun, we tried making green cookies but they didn't turn out so green. We had fun doing it though.

Michelle C said...

Look at you, what a good mom. We did absolutely nothing. lol.