On the 7th Levi turned 6 months old! I can't believe how quickly these past six months have gone. Levi is now fully sitting up on his own and enjoys playing with Jacob. He learned to roll from his back to his tummy at about 5 1/2 months old.The first time he did it, of course, was in his bed. Why do kids do that? They don't really want to be on their tummies, but they turn onto them in their beds when they can't be helped. Oh well, he's getting pretty good at rolling both ways so he can usually get himself back onto his back if he wants to.
I took Levi for his six month check up on the 12th. He weighed 15 lb. 6 oz, which is the 15th % and was 26 inches long, the 40th %. He's lost a little bit in his percentiles, but we're still very happy with his growth.
He started fruits and vegetables just a few days before he turned 6 months. He actually enjoys them for the most part. The worst part about them is that Levi is still spitting up. He doesn't do it quite as much as he used to, but it seems I'm always trying to get an orange stain out of my carpet (why are all baby foods orange in color?). We figure when Levi's finally done spitting up, we'll have to get the carpets cleaned :)
Levi is still doing great at sleeping at night. Most nights he sleeps between 9-12 hours without waking. He goes to be at 8:00 every night. He loves to have a routine for bedtime and when it's 8:00, he just conks out. It's kind of nice to have one kid who likes to sleep :)
Levi loves to play in the bathtub with Jacob and just giggles at all of Jacob's silly noises. He is really good about playing with Jacob, since Jacob often ends up beating on him somehow. Thankfully we have avoided any major beat up issues and there haven't been any black eyes or bloody noses as a result of the two of them playing together. One of their favorite games is to play horsey with Jacob being the horse. Brad holds Levi on top of Jacob while they ride around the house. Jacob laughs and Levi just giggles the whole time!
Levi, we're so thankful you came to our family and that you're growing so well and are a healthy, happy boy!
10.15.2009
6 Months!
Posted by Rebecca at 4:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Comments:
What a cutie! I can't believe how big he is already. Time goes by too fast!
I can't believe he is 6 months!!!! What a cute boy.
He is so cute! I love the pictures of him especially the first and the last. I think you should video tape the horse rides sometime too. That would be cute to see. I'm glad he is a better sleeper for you than Jacob was and/or is. Miss ya and love ya!
Post a Comment