Yesterday we celebrated Jacob's 3rd birthday! When he got up in the morning, I asked him what he wanted for breakfast. He told me he wanted pancakes. So here he is, the birthday boy and his birthday pancakes!
The weather was great for Jacob's third birthday and he and Levi decided to have a game of soccer before his party. (We are now in the phase of 'great' smiles from a 3 year old!)
In the evening, we had grandparents over for a little party with ice cream cake. Jacob had a great time opening his presents and playing with all of his new things. Unfortunately, he opened his favorite present first, so we had to do a lot of coaxing to get him to open other things.
Levi got Jacob some giant blocks to build things with.
G&G Jones gave Jacob a scooter. It's nice that we have room for him to practice riding it inside the house so maybe next year when it's nice outside he'll be a pro at riding it.
G&G Smith wanted something that was a little more inter-active so they got him a little ball throwing/catching game. Jacob loves to throw balls so this was a hit too.
Brad wanted to get Jacob a fire engine. It came complete with a firefighter and Jacob has been in love! He even took the whole truck to bed with him last night. I'm not sure how comfortable it is to sleep with a fire engine, but Jacob wasn't complaining!
Jacob, showing his version of "3"!
The cake. I thought about decorating a cake like so many awesome mothers do. I even borrowed a Lightning McQueen cake pan. Then when I read the directions and saw how much work it was going to be, Brad and I opted for easy and store bought! Props to all you moms out there who take the time to make and decorate awesome cakes for your kids.
A little about Jacob:
Jacob is such a funny kid to have around. He loves to dance and sing. His favorite music is rock/pop music. He loves 'Say Hey (I Love You)' by Michael Franti, 'Clumsy' by Fergie, and 'I Got A Feeling' by Black-Eyed Peas to name a few. He doesn't like John Denver or Norah Jones at all. He definitely knows what kind of music is HIS music.
He has a thing with carrying around his keys and his wallet. The thing is, they are fake. But he carries one in each hand everywhere he goes. Before he gets into his car seat, he has to put them in the cup holder. Before he eats dinner, he has to put them on the table. When we're going to a store he will often ask me to hold his keys and his wallet and will then 'hand' them to me. Also, when we're getting ready to leave, if he's forgotten his keys and his wallet, he will go back inside for them. One day we were at the park and he fell down. When I saw him on the ground, both of his little fists were still balled up instead of with them open to catch his fall. I just had to assume he still had ahold of his precious keys and wallet!
He loves having Levi as a little brother and loves making him laugh. Jacob has always enjoyed an audience and it's nice to have a built-in one with his little brother.
Jacob, we love you and are so glad you're ours. You make us smile and laugh at many of your antics. Whenever I am unhappy, Jacob will come over to me and smile really big and say, "You happy Mommy?" He thinks he smile is all I would need to make me happy. Luckily, most of the time this works. Love you little Bud!
10.29.2009
3 Years
Posted by Rebecca at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 Comments:
What a darling little boy. I love the story about the keys and wallet!! That is hilarious. What a little man. I also love that he feels strongly about music already! What a stud with the best birthday in the world!
I love the music stuff. Happy birthday, Jacob! P.S. I may have made Luke a cake, but Jacob scored with all those presents!
Happy Birthday Jacob! He is hilarious about the keys and wallet! Your lucky to have a sweet and fun little guy.
Ok I had to tell Rich about cute Jacob...it is unanimous...we think he is the cutest little kid and has the most hilaious personality. The keys and wallet story made me laugh...you are lucky parents to have such a great kid. Tell him Happy Birthday from us...not that he will remember us...maybe?
I love birthdays. Taking the truck to bed is funny kids sure can make you laugh.
cute cute cute! I miss you guys. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks. Jacob, you are quite the kid, and that is a complement!
Post a Comment