9.10.2009

5 Months

On Monday Levi turned the big 5 MONTHS! Just before this big milestone in his life, he started trying some cereal. Here is his first reaction:
The first spoonful...hmmmm

The first bite....uh, what is this stuff?

Mom, I don't really like this stuff.

Well, so far he isn't a huge fan of the rice cereal, or the oatmeal for that matter. But we keep on trying. Eventually he'll get it.

A few things Levi is doing now:
He sits up all on his own pretty well. He only goes for about 2-3 minutes at a time before falling over, but I think that's pretty good.

Levi has been banished to the basement to learn to sleep through the night. The first night he woke up twice and cried himself back to sleep. The next three nights it's only been once. This morning I mainly heard him grunting around 6:00 am, but then he fell back asleep until about 8:45 am. He's really doing pretty well and will eventually get to go back to sleeping upstairs.

One thing Levi really likes to do is lay upside down. Whenever he is fussy or just 'in the mood' he will lay himself back like this and it always puts a smile on his face. He ended up sleeping through Sacrament meeting in a similar pose on Sunday. It kind of looks like his head is going to fall off, but he seems to really like it.
With all that upside down time, Levi has also discovered his toes. He tries to get them to his mouth to chew on and has been successful a number of times. Unfortunately, any time I try to get a picture of it, he just gives me a big old grin instead.

Levi loves to laugh and to smile. So far he's been a pretty easy going baby and we're so thankful to have him in our family.

6 Comments:

Todd and Meagan said...

Your boys are so cute! Levi seems like such a happy little guy.

Post Family said...

Very cute. We had fun with you guys last weekend. We need to see you more!

Crystal said...

He is so adorable! The cereal pictures made me laugh they are too cute! Levi and Graham have the same onesies I've noticed. Good luck with the cereal and getting him to sleep through the night!

Desaray said...

I can't believe how big he is. Very adorable. I think him and Jacob look a lot a like. Can't wait to see you...hopefully it's before next Aug. :o)

Carley said...

Very cute pics Levi, you are so photogenic!

Crystal said...

Becca your back! But then I just figured out you never left. My dashboard just quit updating your posts when you turned private and I just assumed you were in the middle of moving and not back up on the computer. Wow was I wrong! I have like three months of your lives to catch up on! I look forward to reading all the good stuff.
First CONGRATULATIONS on graduating!! All of you! Way to go! That is SOOO wonderful! Your baby is growing up too fast. Eating cereal already! He is a cutie.
Its funny I was thinking of you today when I remembered how terrible my feet look. I need some advice on planters warts. I know its gross but really something needs to be done. Can I do anything that will work besides burning them off or anything that might be that painful? Truly I need help. Let me know what you think when you get a chance! Tell Brad I said he rocks for graduating! Miss you.