6.05.2009

Changes

We've had a few changes going on in our house lately. One of the biggest things is that Jacob is now pacifier free!! I wish this were as good of news as it should be. He still (after 15 nights) cries himself to sleep. He has more stamina than any other kid I know when it comes to not wanting to sleep. Or maybe I just don't know many kids! Anyway, with the no pacifier has come no naps. Well, maybe that's not quite true. He'll nap...if I let him do it like this (while watching TV):

Otherwise, it's over an hour in his bed at nap time crying and yelling before he'll finally give it up. The problem with letting him (or forcing him) to nap, is that he can then cry even longer at bedtime before finally giving in to the exhaustion. So, while I now have a two year old who doesn't use a pacifier, I also have a two year old who pretty much doesn't nap and is a bit of a bear from 5-7 pm.

Another more exciting change:
Yep, that's right, we've sold our house! We actually close on it next week. Then we're headed back home where Brad has a new job that will start in July! We are very excited about this new adventure and time in our lives.

With the sale of our house and us moving, I have decided to take our blog private. So, if you want to be invited to look at our blog, please email me your address or leave it in the comments section and I'll be sure to give you an invite (if I know you that is). We'll go private by the 11th (I'll be packing up my computer for a little move on the 12th), so be sure to let me know by then. For those of you not familiar with private blogs, it only means you'll have to log in to your account before you can view my blog. Other than that, it's pretty much the same. This way random people can't know what's going on with us...just those we want to share this information with. Hope you'll want to keep up with us and our upcoming adventures!

17 Comments:

Julia Callahan said...

I would love to keep reading your blog if you add me.
I can't believe how big Levi is already. We've been in Missouri the past week, now we're home. It was humid but nice to visit. Congrats on your house selling! Have fun.

Aimee said...

Oooo, oooo, oooo, add me!

Megan said...

here is my e-mail:) bev02001@byui.edu. sounds great so excited for your move!! :)

Jamie said...

Hooray on being pacifier free, and congrats on selling your house! Add me to your list burchjm@gmail.com

Post Family said...

Goodness Jacob looks so big there! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

the mortensen's said...

sherstinem@hotmail.com

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

add me! missykiser@gmail.com ....although it's harder to check because i can't have you on my google reader. they really need to change that policy. grrrrrr....

Hiatt Family said...

congrats on the lack of pacifier! Mason never wanted one and for that I am grateful. It's a tough habit to break so yay for you guys! My email is hiattcrew@gmail.com. Love checking up on you and your cute boys!

Rasmussen Family said...

gostigger2@hotmail.com I would love to keep seeing your blog.

Brady and Kariann said...

Yeah for getting rid of the pacifier...I'm so sorry he is still crying about it though!!! You know I want an invite to your blog, we definately have to keep in touch. Ashton and Abby will have to look at pictures of your family when they want to see Jacob!!! We will miss you guys.

Amy Jo said...

Don't forget me. Let me know what you need this week.

Sarajane said...

binghamsf at hotmail . com

Amy and Cameron said...

amydibb@yahoo.com

Crystal said...

Rebecca, your babies are so cute. It is SO hard to get rid of the binky. Way to go! Stay strong! It is also very hard to loose nap time. Hang in there. You definitely need to invite me at crystaltwitchell@yahoo.com
good luck with the move! Its so exciting!

Anonymous said...

I was having major problems with my son's binky addiction! My friend absolutely raved about the cut method, and all of the psychology behind it. She emailed me a link to a site that has a free publication ( www.bye-bye-binky.com -supported by advertisements) on dropping the binky, so I tried it. Very cool stuff, worked beautifully for my son. Four days later he did not want anything to do with his binky. Highly recommended! I am also interested in others experiences with this method.... Bella

Desaray said...

Congrats on your house sale. Hopefully mine is next :) Oh and I definitely would like to be invited to the private party.

Jones said...

Add me to your blog list. The boys are growing so much. Jacob with no pacifier and Levi smiling! Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. Have a good trip.
Jennie