This morning started out as a very bleak day to end a very long and lonely week. Brad has been on a tough rotation this month and having worked Monday through Friday, he had already put in 68 hours. I was scheduled to go to April's house to work on quiet books that she, members of my family, and I are making. She called and said her son, Tyler, was sick and that we would have to postpone our sewing date. So I began the normal routine for the day by feeding Jacob. I was thinking to myself, as I was feeding him, what will I do all day by myself at home with Jacob, since Brad had left for work around 6:00 am. Normally, it is just Jacob and I at home, but it's especially boring and uneventful to spend a Saturday at home alone. As I was feeding Jacob his cereal, we heard the front door creek open. To our surprise and utter joy, Brad was walking in the door, and it was only 10:00 am! What a wonderful, glorious surprise.
The surprises don't end there, though. When Brad got home, we decided since it was such a nice day and we weren't sure if he would have to go back in to work, to make the most of the time we had together. So, we put Jacob in his stroller and headed out for a walk. We walked around our whole neighborhood (which isn't very big). Toward the end of our walk, we saw a sign for a moving sale taking place in a cul-de-sac. We peered down the street and it didn't look like there was any kind of a sale going on. However, we were feeling adventurous, so we headed down into the cul-de-sac. To our great surprise, there was a moving sale and they had two good-sized dressers for sale. We have been looking for dressers since we bought our house and hadn't ever found any that our budget could afford. We checked out the dressers and decided to make the purchase. They each cost us $20 and they came with mirros, to boot! We were also able to purchase a fairly new wheelbarrow, a pick ax, and a hoe. But the best surprise was the dressers. The people holding the sale were even able to bring them to our house. When we got them home, we cleaned them out and then added them to our spare bedroom. What a huge improvement! Now I have space for all of my clothes and so does Brad!

After we cleaned out the dressers, I was sitting in our back living room with Jacob. He was playing with my hair clip. At one point, he dropped it and while trying to pick it back up, knocked it futher from his reach. Then he did something he's never done before, he leaned forward to reach it. Forward so far that he went up on his toes on his right foot. Then, next thing you know, he's up on his toes on his left foot too...with his hands planted firmly on the floor. He stayed like that for quite awhile. Long enough for Brad to come in the room, see him up on all fours, and even seach the house for the camera to document Jacob's first attempts at crawling, or a form of it. As shown by the photograph, he did not actually enjoy the experience. What another fun surprise, he's actually attempting to move around on his own, without the use of my or Brad's fingers as part of his mode of transportation.

Shortly after Jacob's attempt to crawl we decided it was such a nice day outside, that he and Brad should enjoy the baby pool we purchased last week and didn't get to use (because of the rain, which you may remember from last week's blog). We also bought Jacob a bathing suit last week so he would have something to wear in the water, other than his birthday suit. So we got Jacob changed and Brad put on his bathing suit and they got in to enjoy the beautiful weather. Jacob splashed and drank the water from his hat and had a fun time playing with his dad.



All in all, this Saturday turned out to be filled with surprises and fun times.
3 Comments:
Yeah! I love when I find new blogs to read :) You and I need to get together one of these days!
Seriously one of the cutest kids EVER!!! He's a doll, but a handsome one! :-)
Summer
http://web.mac.com/summerperrero/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html
I dig the bathing suit. I prefer trunks, but that will do.
I am so glad that you had a surprise from Brad that day. And how great to find dressers in your neighborhood for a good price. . .delivered!
Congratulations on a fun filled, adventurous, blessed Saturday.
Post a Comment